Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update - Be Still and Know That I am God

I think because I have been coughing for so long, the chest area now feels sore. I pray for any inflammation to go away and I pray for God to ease my nerves, veins and muscles in the chest area. As I prayed this morning, I suddenly thought of lathering some oil on my chest, so I did and then kept it warm. I pray that God will grant me His favour and comfort me once again.

I believe I am healed by the blood of Jesus and this is another phase of battle of the mind and against the powers of darkness that I have to face. I bind the spirit of affliction that causes me to cough to discourage me. I found this verse in the bible that comforted me so.

1 Peter 1:8
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,

So, I am looking at Jesus and asking Him to fill me with inexpressible and glorious joy so that I do not worry about the cough so much. The following verses have also brought me much comfort:

Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. …"

“For I am your God” makes more sense to me now that I have experienced Him personally and just hearing this verse comforts me because my God is mighty in power and loving. While Jesus was in the boat with Peter facing a storm (like how I am in a storm now) Jesus got up from sleep, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" (Mark 4:39). Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

Jesus was unfazed by the storm just as I believe He is also unfazed by this little storm I am facing because He has already granted me victory through all the sings, word and His promises given to me. As he said to the disciples “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”. This is very humbling indeed because I know He loves me so and He is always there to catch me when I fall even in this battle of the mind I am facing now with the cough.

In Psalm 46:10, God says "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Yes, in His timing, He will issue that one command to the cough to go away. In the meantime, I stay close to Jesus knowing He will bring me out of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment