Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jesus my source of strength!

I was so very weak Monday morning. I could hardly get out of bed and when I laid on the sofa in the living room, I could hardly muster enough strength to get to the dining room. Henry thinks it was a stomach bug which I had gotten from Ethan after caring for him for 2 days. Ethan was down for a day last Saturday but by lunch the next day, he declared to me that he was no longer sick. "See, I have no fever, see I have no vomit". Indeed, he was recovering very well after that declaration except he made one final purge on Sunday night that caused such uproar and mess at Sunway Giza's toilet.

So, for most of the day on Monday I was sleeping. Thank God there was no pain, just terribly weak. I kept praying "O God, I pray you will strengthen me by the power of your holy spirit in my inner man". Then, by lunch time, I stared at the food and could hardly eat. This was bad. I thank God for my mum who heard my call for help and came to look after me for the day.  I asked God for one verse in the bible that would just break all this yoke away. And then, I flipped open the bible and I found 1 Samuel 17:45,46 and as I read I cried and I spoke it against the stomach bug that came against me:

"...You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head...."

After that like Ethan, I grew stronger and stronger. I too gave a final vomit at night before I slept soundly and woke up the next morning and managed to exercise around my neighborhood. I marveled at the difference that only the previous day I could hardly walk to the dining table!

Another attack came in the evening just as I was about to go for Deeper life seminar class. I was beginning to get muscle spasm pain on the back (Yin Ling calls it a hidden nerve) but I sensed it was an attack because I was feeling fine the whole day. So I shouted, "By the blood of Jesus Christ, I will go to deeper life seminar class today!". Then I got up and changed as if I was getting ready to go and I felt better but as I reached class it was threatening to come back again. But I felt God speaking to me was when the speaker Sunny suddenly spoke something about the BLOOD and I started crying again as he said it again and again and praying in tongues before lessons. During the break, Elaine and I went to ask him to pray for me and after he prayed for me, I could sit the entire class, a bit of discomfort but no spasm. It was when I got home that the spasm broke out. I tried oil, lying flat, rolling my legs up but finally I hit the magic spot of propping pillows up and I fell asleep until all the nerves calmed down and then I could lie flat. I woke up at 5.30 am for thanksgiving. I survived the many ordeals.  Praise the Lord, He is the source of my strength and my hope, my God in whom I trust! Thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment