Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kingfisher across my path

I saw a kingfisher fly across my windscreen again. I immediately praised God for the beautiful sight. It's that kind of beauty that just lifts my spirit and I can't help but praise God over and over again. Then I recalled that the last time I saw this electric blue kingfisher was when I was with my dad and today, as I was on my way to fetch my dad I saw it again!

The kingfisher flew past the same stretch of road as the last time so it was very deja vu. I can't help but ask God "What is it Lord?". I shared it with my dad. I have had several opportunities to share Jesus with my dad. Every time I share Jesus with him, I can't help but praise God. I have been praying for his salvation. The way i saw the kingfisher, the delight that sprung up within me is how God sees my dad. He loves my dad very much for God, the creator of heaven and earth made him.

The psalmist David (my dad's name!) wrote in
Psalm 139:13
"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well"

Praise God that my dad was fearfully and wonderfully made! I pray that my dad's heart will open to realize this love that God has for him and the delight he brings Him like the kingfisher delighting my heart. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment