Monday, October 18, 2010

Wrath of God/ Discerning His body/ Rhema

Psalm 90:11
Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.

The fear of God is the reverence that is due Him and i know how much in my heart that I should revere Him. What so amazing about Psalm 90:11 is that it showed me that God's wrath that was AS GREAT as this reverence due to Him was unleashed onto Jesus, on his body on the cross 2000 years ago and by His stripes I am healed!

I am so thankful I stumbled on this passage as it deepened my awe for God of how much He loves me. There is so much evil in this world that when I read them in the news I am quite desensitised by them all.  Even the thought of Jesus' death on the cross is like a mental acknowledgement of what God has done for me. Lately, I have been asking God to give me more compassion in my heart for how am I going to reach out to others with little compassion in me. 

God answers our prayers. I felt compassion for Adam Lambert when others saw it as just a performance to be enjoyed. A few days ago, I cried when the first man was pulled out from the Chillean mine. That's only a start for me. My mum was glued to the television for 2 days and she cried for them and prayed for their safety until the very last one was pulled out.

So as I take holy communion I have now this passage to meditate on. To think that the amount of wrath as great as the fear due to God  was unleashed on Jesus' body on the tree, cursed, punished, afflicted, and by His stripes I am healed! Then i crunch on the bread, chewing every morsel in my mouth reflecting how Jesus suffered for me.

His blood shed for me is the proof of his death that He died for me for the forgiveness of my sins past, present and future and now I can declare I am the righteousness of God in Christ by Jesus' blood. Then I drink his blood. 

It is really powerful when we can discern His body on the cross because that is "faith"ing (from the Greek word 'pistes').  

Hebrew.11.8: "By pistis (trust) Abraham, being called, obeyed to proceed to a place which he was about to receive for an inheritance, and he went out, not knowing where he was going." That is, Abraham not only accepted what God told him as being true, but also had enough confidence in it to act upon it (He obeyed).

I believe it is this pistis of being able to relate to God and yes, He did do all this for me so thst by Jesus' stripes, I am healed from all cancer, cough, fear, rejection, doubts, stress with kids, stress with work, unbelief and blindness. I am whole again, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally. I believe it is this pistes, this trust (not just mental knowledge) in God that enables the holy spirit to come upon me to strengthen me to do what He commands me to do even though i know not where i go. It is this holy spirit that then enables me to bear fruit and that is the transformation from within to produce good works. Transformation that can save marriages, break addictions, break bondages. It is truly amazing what believing in Jesus can do.

On this road of discovering Jesus all over again and God's promise of Isaiah 53:5 that I am made whole again, I am surprised then God comes down and shows more to me when CY mentioned this YouTube of Via Dolorosa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSvyuCaL9pc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But how do we escape the corruption in the world if we don't get rhema like Abraham to stand on and act upon? 

I pray that not only that we know how much God has done for us but also that we may know that in our daily living, His divine power is in us that would set us free from all insecurities, diseases, fever, cough, flu, emotional turmoil, stresses in life.  Just discern His body all over again at the cross and ask God for the word specially for us as we soak in His word. That word would just strengthen us as we lean on His rhema promise for us. We need not bear the pain anymore as He has bore it all on the cross 2000 years ago and by His stripes, we are healed.

2 Peter 1:3,4

 3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment