Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A tune in my head praising God

I had started exercising again for the past one month and it has been very encouraging. I remember right after the attack I was taking walks like an old woman. I barely had the strength to walk and constantly coughing so much so I had to wrap a scarf around me.

But these days I can manage a slow jog around my neighborhood and as I reached the playground to calm down, I suddenly had a tune in my head and started breaking in tongues and praising God. I thought I'd better write down the tune so I can write lyrics to it some day. Here it is sharing with you:

BD_G BD_G
DEEDEC_
BC_DCB_ABA_G_

The "_" represents two counts. Makes sense? Ah so much from a non musician. Ha ha. It feels good this morning to praise God like this. At bed time last night, I was at the window sill enjoying His presence, looking at the night sky with the distant lightning in the sky. It just kept going and going and going. I just feel so much love and awe for God in times like this. I had already slipped downstairs to take my low dose naltrexone and crept upstairs. Suddenly Henry stirred and he reminded me to take it. We normally pray together based on Matthew 18:19 while taking the ldn. I told him I heard him snoring and he chuckled and said "praise God, praise God". That is ever the first time I hear praise uttered from his lips so naturally half asleep! Yes, praise God indeed, God with us, His presence was very strong last night.

Matthew 24:27

""For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,

    Some 3 years ago, in my very weakened state (because of my affliction), I too, jogged and walked in the morning for many months, almost daily. That period of time was one of the most sensitive (to the Holy Spirit) times of my journey. Like you, I experienced the closeness of the Spirit of God; I would receive songs (lyrics) and then the melody of the songs. I am not musically trained and I have little grasp of musical cords (those A, C, G, etc). My songs were short, and mostly concerning healing (Of course, you know I was not afflicted with physical sickness as such). After a while, in my walk, I learnt to record the songs in my handphone so that I do not forget, especially the melody. You can do that too.

    Do not dismiss such "experiences". It might be for a season only, yet an experience with the Lord is precious and will form part of the "resource" we can draw from, like what the psalmists in the Bible did, to encourage ourselves in our journey with the Lord. They too, can be encouragement to others. We might not understand them all, yet the Lord, in His wisdom, ministers to us accordingly.

    This, for example, has become the theme song for my "little" ministry:

    I am the Healer
    ---------------

    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer,
    Who will heal you now.

    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer,
    Who will heal you now.

    (bridge)
    Hear me now.
    Hear me now.

    (chorus)
    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer.
    I am the Healer,
    Who will heal you now.

    (ending)
    I am the Healer,
    Who will heal you now.
    I am the Healer,
    Who will heal you now.

    Of course, there is a melody to go with it. Unless I sing it, you would not get how it sound like, but Liz, you can sing it in whatever melody that the Spirit lead you. As you sing it repeatedly, may it be as Jehovah Rapha singing to you.

    May Zep 3:17 applies to you in this season of your life.

    The LORD your God is with you,
    he is mighty to save.
    He will take great delight in you,
    he will quiet you with his love,
    he will rejoice over you with singing (Zep 3:17)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anthony,
    Believe it or not I did record it on my handphone and then later used the piano app on iPad to play out the tune and documented the notes. :) it was comforting and still a bit funny to hear my own voice singing back in tongues..ha ha..but I know it is from God. :) I did think of u and was wondering if u could use the notes and come out with some arrangement but maybe it is not what u do. Thanks for the words I did try to sing it in my own melody. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete