Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bring a Lump of Pressed Figs - Listening to God

2 Kings 20:7
"Then Isaiah said, "Make an ointment from figs." So Hezekiah's servants spread the ointment over the boil, and Hezekiah recovered!"

Just applying a lump of pressed fig ain't gonna heal any skin disease but this is God's way for Hezekiah. It's important to listen to God and hear his rhema for you.

For me, God's word of targetted therapy came through Henry after he and his friends fasted and prayed. And ONE tarceva tablet was all it took to take the pain away. It wasn't in the last few weeks after meeting up with YC and talking to her that I realised God spared me from radio therapy. According to Dr Ibrahim of Wijaya, I needed radio therapy because it had gone to my bones including the skull. The same was advised by Dr Foo to YC as hers has gone to the brain (not sure whether bone or brain as well). Henry and I just trusted God. I heard the word from God to tell Henry to fast and pray which Henry did and then we dedicated the strategy to God. I only found out in recent weeks that Dr Foo would normally ask her patients to do a tarceva mutation test first but in my case she did not. Dr Foo said "It's magic" that all the pain disappeared with one tablet of tarceva!. I said "God heals".

It just blows my mind how God works. He works differently for different people because He is God and he can't be boxed up. There is no formula. Not even how to listen to Him. YC was sharing her side effects from radio therapy and in 2 weeks time, she will be on chemotherapy. I pray for God's healing hand upon her and that He will work through the medicine as she continues to trust in Him.

I wanted to share with you about Henry's dream. A few months ago Henry dreamt that I should eat asparagus. He actually asked for clarification in his dream whether it is really asparagus and not other vegetables and the answer came back affirmative - ASPARAGUS. I did not act upon it because I was taking a variety of vegetables including asparagus. I've read in emails sent to me the wonders of so many food quinoa, lemon grass, sour sop, papaya and recently papaya leaf extract. About three weeks ago, my mum sent me another email on asparagus and I said enough is enough. I think God is really speaking to me so I took action and I have been taking asparagus almost daily for the past 2 weeks. I am supposed to take 4 tablespoons of pureed asparagus (after blanching it a bit) day and night. So, these days whenever I buy vegetables, asparagus is always on the list.

Sometimes, I blend them into my fruit juice, sometimes I take it just as it is, sometimes I cook it lightly with my other food. Yesterday, I decided to google the benefits of asparagus. Here it is from http://healthmad.com/alternative/health-benefits-of-asparagus/:

-It is high in vitamin K and Folate
-Eat asparagus when you are pregnant or thinking about conceiving – because of it being high in folic acid it helps prevent birth defects such as spina bifida
-Great for your heart
-Helps w*Helps menstrual cramps with fertility problems
-Great for your gastrointestinal tract and your colon
-Helps menstrual cramps
-Great food to help treat depression
-Has been known to increase the success rate of chemo therapy
-Is considered a diuretic which means it is a good anti-inflammatory – best for arthritis, asthma rheumatism, and even water retention…PMS
-Help get rid of warts
-Helps detoxify your body
-Add more asparagus to your diet to lower cholesterol
-Great for nursing mothers stimulating milk production
-Has antioxidant agents – prevents the effects of aging
-Has antifungal and antiviral qualities
-Great for your kidneys – cleansing your body by stimulating urination and preventing kidney stones
-Helps prevent bladder and urinary tract infections
-Use to be used as an a aphrodisiac – increase sexual and comforting feelings
-Helps with treating HIV
-Helps prevent multiple sclerosis
-Helps prevent scurvy
-Asparagus has anti-cancer agents – especially lung cancer
-Helps fight chronic fatigue syndrome
-Helps fight off high blood pressure
-If you bruise easily – eat more asparagus
-Is considered a laxative – eat an asparagus if you have diarrhea and constipation
-Great for your capillaries – eat more asparagus to avoid varicose veins
-Great for your eyes preventing cataracts
-If you are experiencing hair loss- eat more asparagus
-Helps treat toothaches

Cool eh? I was quite shocked about it being specifically beneficial for lung cancer and for chemo treatment. God sure speaks loud and clear to Henry! Praise the Lord!

Meanwhile, I can testify on the laxative part. Yesterday was so embarassing for me. I remember my sister warned me that if I take a laxative product, I should be more active around the house (exercise or do household chores) so that I can go to the toilet quicker. But I did not know about the benefits of asparagus and about it being a laxative. I went for a walk in the evening and after awhile I was dying to go to toilet and practically ran home (except I can't because it would make it worse). Cut the story short, I did not make it on time. Sigh. So much to clean up and it made a nice "gross story" to the kids that night. They all wanted to hear it because they thought I was going to share a "ghost story"! :)

I just listen and obey God. All praises to Him - my tower and refuge, my Jehovah rapha!

No comments:

Post a Comment