Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ethan's 5!












Ethan celebrated his fifth birthday at Kizsports, BV II. the kids were playing at the playground for hours and were so sweaty, red and hot by the end of it all! They have boundless energy and they easily made new friends at the playground. We had ordered the kids' food from Fit For 2 opposite and so for the first time, the kids had no fries..he he. Ethan promised me that by 5, he would sleep with his brother in their own room. i kept asking him if he was going to do it and on his birthday, he saluted me and said "Yes Sir!". He really did at least till almost morning and then i heard the door bang and heavy footsteps into our room crying. Ah well, he did very well indeed for the first night. i pray he will be braver tonight!

Ethan seem to have some kind of growth spurt. He seems to like healthy juices which I blend now and today for lunch he even ate his garden salad. i hope that would help him shed some pounds. :) the other day I spotted him imitating Henry at his ab crunches. It was such a funny sight because his hands were not behind his head, just like Henry's, but just almost touching the side of his head. It reminded me how kids follow after their parents so if they are sporty, most likely your kids would too! Alas, Ethan tried rolling on the swiss ball like me and knocked his front tooth. Thank God it wasn't anything serious. Thank you Jesus. I like that he prays for me every time I cough. Today, he added something extra. He prayed extra loud as if he wanted so much for God to hear him. He would pray "Father God, take mummy's cough away and make her strong again in Jesus' name". I asked him to pray in tongues after that, thinking of Jesus and thinking of taking mummy's cough away. He had his eyes closed funnily coz I did not ask him to do that. So sweet. This boy really has a heart to pray. He really believes in the power of prayer. Praise the Lord!

Nic had mumps on Thursday and we all prayed for him. Silently, I declared that he is healed in Jesus' name. Henry said it is amazing how his mumps subsided so fast, just only after one day. We should not be surprised eh, because we are children of God and we can crush all fiery darts from the evil one.

Ephesians 6:16
"...take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one"

I was feeling weak and I knew I just have to go back to the word of God. After long day at the party yesterday, I just kept repeating God's words over and over again "By His stripes I am healed. You took away my infirmities and bore my sicknesses and by Your stripes I am healed. I thank You that You restore me back to health and healed all my wounds. When I am weak, I am strong. I am strong in Your mighty power. No weapon formed again me shall prosper, for this is my heritage as your child. Healing is mine". This morning I woke up much stronger. Praise the Lord! Still a bit shaky but much stronger. I was so touched during worship. There was this song that said "You are stronger, You are stronger, sin is broken, You have saved me". That verse spoke to me. Indeed He is stronger than this weakness that I feel and He has delivered me from it. I praise You Lord!

Thank You all for your prayers and also your generous blessings to us. We are deeply touched and we pray that your fruit will abound abundantly just like what the bible says. Thank you so much again. Henry says that because of your blessings, we may be able to buy another round of solamargine!

No comments:

Post a Comment