Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jeremiah 42:11 Do Not Be Afraid

Jeremiah 42:11  - Do Not Be Afraid

Jeremiah 42:11
Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands.

I was feeling discomfort in the chest and fears started streaming in. It is the overall discomfort from achy bones after sleeping and discomfort in the chest. At 4 am today,  I woke up and I longed to speak to God but I was also feeling heavy and had to drag myself out of bed. I only got to the position of kneeling and so I prayed silently to God at my bedside while Henry and Ethan were fast asleep. I knew it wasn't enough, I really really wanted to talk to God as in crying out to Him, to state my case. So, I dragged myself downstairs. I started with singing praise to God but there seem to be so little air in me to sing but I persevered and the more I sang, the stronger I grew. Praise the Lord! I thanked God for healing me despite feeling so down this morning. While I was praying in tongues, I wailed so much. I told God, I  know I  am not against flesh and blood although the discomfort is real but I  am against the powers and principalities. I know in the spirit, I would  state my case and He would hear me because I was speaking to Him spirit to spirit. I asked God to strengthen my frame, to increase my honor and comfort me once again, to strengthen my spirit man that I may talk longer to Him. After quite awhile in praying in tongues, I saw the word "lemon grass" so I claimed that if I obeyed Him by taking lemon grass, my faith would increase as I see Him heal me. I went to the kitchen and made lemon grass tea and I prayed before drinking it. I looked up the bible and He took me to Jeremiah 42:11.

He told me not to be afraid of this pain, this discomfort. It is a lying symptom. He says He is with me and will save me and deliver me from the evil one. 

This morning, when I woke up, I did not feel the normal achy feeling like I did the past few days. Praise the Lord and for His healing hand! He is faithful and even the word I saw in my vision this morning was true - to take lemon grass tea. My faith in Him has increased, I remain steadfast in Him!

During church service, Pastor Lotz, a visiting pastor said he was led to change his sermon to 2 Timothy 1:1-7 particularly verse 7 "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but power, love and self control". And he started giving examples from the bible where it said "Do not be afraid". Tears started to flow. God loves me so much he even gotten Ps Lotz to change his sermon to speak to me not to be afraid. God is in the ship with me, the battle belongs to Him, He will save me and deliver me. Thank you so much Ps Lotz for obeying God and listening to the holy spirit.  Great things happen when we move in the spirit and our lives are changed.

It is the power of the cross, the power of the resurrection, the power of prayer that has strengthened me this morning. All glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment