Saturday, July 23, 2011

Invalidity Pension (Pension Ilat)

Invalidity Pension ("Pencen Ilat")

During the first bible class during the term break today, Ps Vernon ministered to us and he had a word for all of us. When it came to my turn, he said "Confusion is gone. You know what must be done.". My first instinct was "Er, I don't know" but when I got back to my seat, I decided to write down the first things that hit my mind, the things to be done.

1. Follow God's words to compare to what is hitting my mind.
2. Remember God's words are true. God cannot lie. What the devil says are lies.
3. Meditate on the following scriptures

Psalm 23 especially verse 1
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

Psalm 21:3
" For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;
         You set a crown of pure gold upon his head."

2 Corinthians 9:10
"10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,"

Philippians 4:19
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:15,17
15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only...
17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account

The best part was Ps Vernon did not know what we (Henry and I ) had faced last night. Henry and I talking about finances which I know is the hardest topic in our marriage. I have seen how lack of finances break down relationships and it is so very hard to piece that relationship together.  Since I had resigned in January, I have no income and so, finances are very tight. And even tighter yesterday, I felt we needed to discuss and strategise. Immediately the cash flows flew out and there just appears not enough cash. I have learned so much from God and bible class he has put me to that it is now very easy to see where we can easily have a big argument. Praise God for His word to break the lies of the enemy.  If we look at our current resources, there is just no way out. But we have Jesus, and His words says differently and God never lies. God says He will supply all our needs, we will not be in want, when we sow, He multiplies us, when we give unto God, fruit will abound to our very own account. Of course I did not see all of these until I went for bible class this morning and what a blessing it was!

Henry and I prayed about it at the end of it and we prayed about the fears I was facing. I had been putting off writing to SOCSO for the Invalidity pension scheme. Henry had strongly felt this was God's way out for us. I felt that since their letter to me to grant me the scheme was in 2009, it seemed hopeless to write to them now in 2011, now that I have resigned. I should have written in January but there was always something holding me back until last night. Also, they wanted me to show proof that i had stopped work and to provide them with a Notis Ilat. I did not know what it meant. I thought they wanted the firm to terminate me and i was wondering how this would happen. My malay colleague finally helped me give SOCSO a call and they just wanted to see the firm's acceptance of my resignation. 

After we prayed, what I could not do in the past 6 months I did it in 30 minutes.

We are planning to go to the SOCSO this Tuesday and to discuss it with them. We seek your prayers that our discussions will be a success and they will indeed release us the Invalidity Pension to me with no problems.

So, this morning, when I attended bible class, Ps Vernon said he does not know why he is going off topic. He strongly believes in being led by the spirit and to be obedient so he helped explained how to overcome the feeling of lack and that God promises abundance. Henry and I were discussing about tithing. It would seem a challenge right, to tithe now but I challenged Henry that to overcome that, he should tithe even more.

Ps Vernon talked about giving and receiving. It is not the money that goes to church or even him personally but the FRUIT THAT ABOUNDS  to your account. But our eyes always seem to look at how rich the person had gotten but when we sow, we should sow it unto God. Pray before sowing and the figure He gives us, sow it. Then, He will multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness. Also, he warned us, it is not always in money form that these blessings flow in. Maybe that is why we are so disgruntled because we miss the many other ways that God has blessed us.

It was very enlightening this morning and I thank God for His word that came bso quickly through Ps Vernon that he  even had to go off topic. We were actually studying about dispensation of angels!

Praise God! Praise God! Thank you for your goodness, your abundant blessings, for your mercy upon us. Thank you Lord for everything! Amen!
      

3 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,

    There is another source that you can consider for funding your treatment. I visited EPF and got the necessary forms (KWSP 9L). You can withdraw all you EPF savings under the category of Pengularan Hilang Upaya or Lost Ability Withdrawal. You need to get a medical report from your hospital to prove that you have lost the ability to work because of your medical condition, your hospital appointment card and a letter from your former employer that they have accepted your resignation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liz,

    I forgot to mention, EPF has a standard format Form for the hospital to fill. Its included in the KWSP 9L form. Much like the SOCSO withdrawal that also has a standard form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chang,

    Thanks for the info. I stumbled upon that last night when I was sorting my mail n found a notice that I can withdraw from hilang upaya. :) thanks for confirming this. Again, God is good! Glad u had a good time w the emotion code. Culd not find the book at borders today.

    ReplyDelete