Monday, September 13, 2010

Gazing at Father God

Somehow, somewhere from reading the bible, I have this perception that God is at my right hand and I also know that I am seated with Jesus at God’s right hand. I would then get confused. Hey, which is which now. However, last week while reading Psalms 16:8, I suddenly received revelation. Yay! I finally figured it out!

"I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken."

So, I just wanted to share with you what I saw suddenly! Imagine - I am at God’s right hand. Initially, it seems like I am reigning with Him and I am looking out at others as well. But these past 2 weeks have been so heavenly, I kept gazing at Jesus. That’s it! See, when we gaze at Jesus while seated on his right, our body is turned towards him and now in this position, God is at our right hand. Furthermore, God’s promise is this – “I will not be shaken”. How true it is – I saw the blood coughed out but because He said to me in Isaiah 7 that the nodules will not rise up against me, it will not take place, I calmed down and as a result, I was not shaken. Praise the Lord for this wonderful revelation!

I shared it with Henry but he thought I read Psalm 16:8 in the wrong context. I said it is such simple reading, it can’t be wrong. Anyway, I checked the bible lexicon to check whether I had read Psalms 16:8 wrongly.

Amazingly, the bible lexicon confirmed even further my understanding! The sentence “I have set the Lord always before me” means to avail God, to agree with God who is in front of us, in sight of us, opposite to us. In this position, our eyes are fixed on Him with Jesus in our heart. We are gazing at Father God with Jesus in our heart.

So, Henry was right, it’s not just that He is at my right hand but I have to set the Lord before me first before He is at my right hand.

Praise the Lord for this understanding. Praise the Lord indeed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment