Friday, September 3, 2010

Update - I coughed blood


Matthew 13:21 nlt
“But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's word.”

I had a chance to experience this verse from Matthew 13:21 this week. The past 2 weeks I have somehow grown closer to the Lord and I find it easier than ever to be in His presence so much so my prayer for Him is not to let me go. Last Thursday night during my quiet time with the Lord, the word “Isaiah 7” suddenly popped up in my mind so I decided to check it out. I was so encouraged when I read it because it had an instruction to me from the Lord as well as a promise that He would not let the 2 smouldering fire shrubs to rise up against me. In fact, He said, it will not take place and it will not happen and they will be too shattered”. To me, the verses related to the 2 nodules that the last ct scan report said was marginally larger. Here is a promise from God and I was so encouraged that I memorized His instructions to me to “Be careful, keep calm, do not be afraid, do not lose heart”.

My cough had been slowly dwindling away. It actually disappeared last Tuesday but came back awhile and died down quite a bit last Sunday. I was recovering quite well this week. Each time I coughed, I would confess aloud His word from Isaiah 7 and the cough would go away.

However, I got a scare on Wednesday morning (just 2 days ago). As soon as I woke up, I felt an urge to cough and spit out and to my horror I spat out blood! I have never coughed blood before! Then fear just flooded me and I was shaking like a leaf. I knelt and asked God what is it and he brought back to my memory all the verses he has shared with me the past week – to be strong in spirit, to be careful, keep calm, do not be afraid, do not lose heart, that the 2 nodules would not rise up against me, it will not happen, it will not take place, that they will be shattered, to just rest in him and flow down the river of life with Him”. I also used my own spiritual authority to bind and break whatever was disturbing me in Jesus’ name.

Then, I began to calm down and made a call to Doreen to tell her that I won’t be visiting my colleagues because I just wanted to stay calm and see what happens. Then I called Henry to pray for me.

A few hours later, Henry called and asked if I was alright and I said “Yes! No more coughing of blood”. It has been 2 days now and still clear. Everytime I cough and spit something clear out, I would say “Thank you Jesus, praise the Lord!”.

It got me thinking that it could be a tumour that I coughed up because it was like dark red gunk of clot about the size of 10 sen. It could be spiritual warfare to scare me which it did initially but God has over the past 2 months prepared my hands for war and my fingers for battle. If not, I would have fallen to pieces just like the verse from Matthew 13:21. I would have fallen away as soon as I had problems for believing God’s word.

I just want to encourage you to hold on to whatever verses that God gives you because the rulers of the air, the devil will want to bring us down. But we know we stand from the position of victory. We know that Jesus has defeated the powers of the enemy and we just need to stand firm in our faith. We have nothing to fear from the enemy.

Thank you Father God for preparing me for battle. Thank you that You are a mighty warrior who promised that You will be with me in battle. I often wondered how you would do it but these 2 weeks I saw You in action. I saw how the battle indeed belongs to you. I saw how you prepared me with Your words of life and I need only follow Your words and You bring me out of the pit as I cling on to those words. Thank You Lord for all you have shown me. All glory to You Lord, King of all kings, King above all rulers and powers and principalities. In Jesus’ name I pray Amen.

Isaiah 7:4-9
Say to him, ‘Be careful, keep calm and don’t be afraid. Do not lose heart because of these two smoldering stubs of firewood—because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and of the son of Remaliah. Aram, Ephraim and Remaliah’s son have plotted your ruin, saying, “Let us invade Judah; let us tear it apart and divide it among ourselves, and make the son of Tabeel king over it.” Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘It will not take place,
it will not happen,

for the head of Aram is Damascus,
and the head of Damascus is only Rezin.
Within sixty-five years
Ephraim will be too shattered to be a people.
The head of Ephraim is Samaria,
and the head of Samaria is only Remaliah’s son.
If you do not stand firm in your faith,
you will not stand at all.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment