Sunday, September 26, 2010

Healing

In the bible, Jesus never turned away anyone who came to Him for healing. This observation alone gives us hope in God for our healing. The lady with blood issue for 12 years, she really believed that if only she could touch Jesus' garment, she would be healed. She came to Him for healing, she reached out to the Healer. Earlier on in this journey I asked God "Are you willing to heal me?". and God in the bible says "i am willing". It is written in Luke 5:13

"Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" And immediately the leprosy left him."

I have come to realize it is all about rhema and receiving God's word. Really, the bottom-line is not our faith that heals us but it is the power of His word that sinks deep into our spirit man. 

Ephesians 3:16
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

The lady with the blood issue for 12 years must have heard about Jesus and she knew deep in her inner being, her heart, her spirit man, that Jesus is where her healing lies. It is the word of God that speaks to our heart so real that it becomes God's rhema to us that gives healing to our bodies. Ever since I had the experience of Isaiah 7 with God, I am like jumping with joy because now I understand!

It is about believing and receiving. Just like it isn't a deep concentration that we believe that Jesus died on the cross so neither is it about chanting "I believe, I believe, by his stripes I am healed". Neither is it a 'que sera sera whatever will be will be' attitude for if that is the case how do we apply any of the promises in the bible? It is like baby faith of this lady with the blood issue who just heard and believed deep down in her heart for Jesus to heal her.

The only reason why we say that God heals some is because statistically we look around us and see friends and relatives who are Christians who were not healed. There is so many questions I want to ask God but Jesus in the bible never turned away anyone who came to him for healing. God sees our heart, our motives, our compassion, our tenderness etc. We can talk to Him about our desires. He knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb. He had a purpose for each of us and sometimes we don't realize it until trials come.

Sherri Lim of Elpizo shared that she wasn't ready to die and she negotiated with God. She asked what she should do to be healed and she heard from God to write a book and to start a cancer support group and she did all that while still not healed. She did it believing. But today she said her eyes have opened and she has no more fear to die and today she is completely healed. 

So let us not judge those who come to God for healing or for those with fear to die for ultimately God our healer doesn't because Jesus has already paid the price for us. God loves us so much. He knows we are on this journey of knowing Him if we believe in Him. Even if we are afraid to die for whatever reason he will prepare us and in the journey we may find our calling in life.

I was not ready to die not so much for my family but all I had wanted to do for Him, I have not done because I was just too afraid of everything even babies at Sunday school. The strange thing is He is now opening doors again for me in areas he wanted me to serve years ago, like a beginning of a story book! VBS, Sunday school and my work place. Even though there is a tinge of fear, I will say I am bold as a lion and let his holy spirit guide me.

So let us not say that God does not heal some but to say the positive, to speak life, to speak hope to those who are believing God for healing from the little they have heard about this Jesus for really, Jesus NEVER turned away anyone who came to him for healing in the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment