Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How the holy spirit guides

I sometimes wonder what God has in store for me. How will I know his will for me. Do I return to work? Do I go into mission trips. How will I know the right time? These few days I have seen God preparing me to go back to the world. I am amazed at the timing of everything and wanted to share with you. It all started last Saturday during the silent retreat organized by Pantai Baptist Church Ladies Fellowship group. In my quiet time with Him amongst a few questions I asked Him how I was going to go back to normal life again. How do I live the rest of my life? How do I juggle family life and career again with all the stresses in life. My mum feels I will deteriorate fast if I go back to work. At home I can spend a lot of time with God and how I treasure those times for I have learned so much from Him. I get to meditate upon His word which gives me life. He even gave me rhema and how wonderful it is to just stand on His word and watch His deliverance.

So I was crying buckets "How O Lord do I sustain without You. What if I get so stressed again and I fail to go to You because of lack of time? How would I survive in the world back to reality?". He led me to the following verses :

Psalm 42:8
By day the LORD directs his love,
       at night his song is with me—
       a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 63
 4 I will praise you as long as I live,
       and in your name I will lift up my hands.

 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
       with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

 6 On my bed I remember you;
       I think of you through the watches of the night.

 7 Because you are my help,
       I sing in the shadow of your wings.


I know I should praise Him as long as I live. My life really depends on Jesus and need to spend time with Him early in the morning so I can praise him, so that his love will direct by day and by night (during bedtime) I shall remember all He has done for me and be grateful. I picture myself doing a jiggly dance singing a little praise song under his wings where I can take refuge from reading Psalm 63:7!

As soon as I got back after the retreat there was a letter from my boss saying that they will pay me full salary up to end of October after which I would be on unpaid leave. I could not sleep that night but having now understood how I should respond as a child of God I cast all my care upon Him and started praising. I had only wanted to return to work after I received a clean bill of health but as I discussed with Henry and Karen, they told me to just talk to my boss to negotiate. I did not quite agree and felt i just had to accept not being paid until i recovered. Yesterday as I was listening to a cd by Ps Margareth Falls a verse she quoted from the bible stood out:

Isaiah 58:11

11"And the LORD will continually guide you,"

I received so much assurance for He said "continually". He will continually guide me so I just need to be close to Him and hear Him speak through his word or prompting. As I was praying in tongues, I had a strong prompting of calling my boss without any qualms or fear. So I made an appointment to see him and I sought prayers from my friends for the holy spirit to guide our discussion.

Interestingly it was 2 am that Audrey and my Ipad arrived in KL. My birthday gift from hubby. So sweet. Anyway, as I did my devotion this morning, I had a prompting to disrupt my devotion and call Audrey to pick up the Ipad from me. I did wonder if I was not giving God due respect but now I know He loves me so much that because Audrey came over we started talking about the negotiation and that's how God sends angels amongst our midst! I had to cut her short to make my way to work to meet my boss. My company would continue to pay me my full salary and I get to return to work in January 3 days a week! Praise the Lord!

This is only one instance how God has once again showed how He speaks to me but I really need to tune in. If I had not followed his prompting things would not have fallen in place so easily. Come January when stress resumes I must remember to apply all I have learned about hearing from God.

Yesterday during DLS class, we were taught that to be sharper in hearing God or spiritual discernment or understanding, we must first obey all that He tells us to do so that our ways are aligned with His ways.

Psalm 119: 100-102

I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.

I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.

I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taughtt me.


What I have learned is that is more important to obey God for we need Him so much for our life, our sanity depends on Him. He is able to deliver us from ALL our troubles. Whenever I have any anxiety attack, I find this verse calms me down:

Psalm 34:17

 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
       he delivers them from all their troubles

I just say over and over again "Father God will deliver me from ALLLLLL my troubles". I leave the how to him but for this round I saw how and I am sharing with you. All glory and honor to God. Now I just pray that I am absolutely strong to go back to work in January. :)

I thank You Lord You showed me once again how You delivered me from trouble. I am learning more and more how I really need You and how I can call on You anytime. I thank You for Your guidance, my hubby and friends you sent to me to help me out. I thank You for Your Holy Spirit guiding me and even my boss. Thank You for your favor upon me. Thank You for all my friends, relatives and cousins iinterceeding for me. Bless them O Lord and the people they are close to. Keep them safe O Lord and protect them from the evil one. in Jesus' name I pray.

1 comment: