Monday, September 13, 2010

My Creator King

I wanted to jog this morning but God sent showers of rain so it was time to praise God instead and I had such a good time. :) I was singing the doxology (the one everyone has to stand up in church again after singing worship and I always hear chuckles because they forgot to remain standing). It's a beautiful song and each time I sing it, it's like the lyrics, I just want to praise Him. I just found out that the lyrics to this song was written by Thomas Ken in 1674! Wow!

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav'nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2fynpR6u-4

Anyway, while singing this song, I flipped the bible pages to Psalm and immediately landed on Psalms 148. It was as if the lyrics were plucked out from this Psalm, I am sure it was. But there is so much more to praise God as Psalm 148 shows:

1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
3 Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, for he commanded and they were created.
6 He set them in place for ever and ever; he gave a decree that will never pass away.
7 Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding,
9 you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
10 wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds,
11 kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth,
12 young men and maidens, old men and children.
13Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendour is above the earth and the heavens.
14 He has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his saints, of Israel, the people close to his heart.
Praise the LORD.

What caught my eye was verse 8 "...stormy winds that do his bidding" and I praised God because over the weekend we were at Sunway Lagoon and while we were at the wave pool, it started to pour heavily, the wind was blowing strongly, there was lightning and all of us were asked to leave the pool. Ethan, Nic and I squatted using the big raft as our shield and I told the boys to start praying because God loves us so much, He will hear our prayer! As Nic repeated after me and the prayer ended, I said to Nic, "Now watch God at work". It's just that I have seen God's glory over last week that such faith has rised up within me. I just know that He loves us so much that he would make the rain stop just a little while for the boys to enjoy themselves.

As soon as the prayer ended, the wind almost stopped and Nic said "The rain is getting lesser mummy, the air stopped". He meant the wind that brought the heavy rain has stopped blowing hard. Even then it took another 5 to 10 minutes before the rain finally subsided and the guard finally blew the whistle for all of us to get in again!

The good part was that the crowd became lesser since many left the pool area. We were the second family to jump in again. Praise the Lord! Stormy winds do listen to Father God who loves us so much and hear our prayers. Praise the Lord all ye heavenly host, all creatures here below!

Who am I that you are mindful of me?
Who am I that you set Your love on me
my Creator King


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tE6weABW-I&feature=related sung by Don Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment