Monday, May 9, 2011

God will complete it and God loves

Philippians 1:6

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

Ps Bernard taught us last night to use the bible to pray and i tried it this morning and felt Philippians was such a good place to start. 

I prayed "Father, I thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You who have begun a good work in me, You who have granted me healing, will complete what You have started in my life.  Lord, on the cross, you said "It is finished". So, i too declare that it is finished. Father, You have already begun to turn my situation around. I know you are going to heal my body completely.  Today, I put my  trust and full confidence in You knowing You are working behind the scenes to bring this victory to me! In Jesus' name. Amen!

Another verse that caught my eye was:

Philippians 1:9
 "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,"

God has been really good to me the last week despite the fever, cough and muscle cramps in the thigh. He gave me two opportunities to lay hands and pray for the sick and another opportunity to invite the sick to a healing session. The best part was as I was doing His work, He blessed me with a special visit from KT Ong and Agnes from church. That same day, I was also blessed some Sabah snake plant from LP's garden and yesterday, some lovely hill rice and barley from Kuching from C. I was thinking, this is how heaven will be like. God is already preparing us now to love one another and though sometimes we fight and don't see eye to eye, we must see God's bigger picture. He is actually preparing for us in heaven to be united in love. That is why we love because God is love and heaven is filled with love. We will forever be rejoicing in God and loving one another with no pain, no sickness, so sadness, no tears. We will be feasting and cooking for each other and helping one another and all nations will come together worshipping the Lord! How lovely heaven is going to be! 

Father God, thank you for teaching us now and giving us a glimpse of heaven!  Lord, teach me to love others more and more. Teach me to love like the way You do. Let me grow in real knowledge of You more and more daily of how and why You first loved us. Show me Your word daily, feed me that my faith will increase more and more. Holy spirit, guide me, anoint me afresh that I may walk in your power. Help me walk daily in faith and power as Your holy spirit leads me to love others more and more. In Jesus' name Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,

    Philipians 1:6 .. He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. That was my baptism verse given by my Senior Pastor. That was a long time ago, and life had been calm and ok for seasons, but my latest affliction has been for years now, and things would not be the same. It was and still is very heart-breaking and disturbing, but my belief of my God is that He never goes back in time to tweak, but that He tweaks in real-time, and He keeps going forward, and so, must we, His children. Onward soldier, indeed He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. It is difficult humanly, yet despite all afflictions of life, our eyes must fixed on life after life. Life-time on earth is but a drop in the bucket of water, minute compared to eternality with God in Heaven. We must remind ourselves, love NOT the world and the things in it, so that when we are called, we are glad to go to Him; time on earth is but a season, length of which is in the hand of Him who love us enough to let His Son died on our behalf.

    On Mother's day I ministered to a lady who weeped bitterly because her mother who died many years back, did not receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, and she is very sad today, just thinking that in days to come she might not be united with her mother in Heaven. I could only said to her to leave the matter to the Lord. Have your loved ones accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior? Pray and intercede and labour towards their salvation when there is time. May Christians all over, do that.

    Lord, help Liz as she maneuvers through life. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anthony. We are both growing in our journey like teapots moulded by God when clay, placed in an oven, colored and back in the fire again. Just keep fixing your eyes on Him Anthony and this affliction will not be worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us.

    ReplyDelete