Monday, May 3, 2010

The Power of His Word

After the Zometa Bone Treatment yesterday, I was getting a bit tired and my back was hurting a little. It got slightly worse during the Deeper Life Seminar class at night. After it ended, I ran after Ps Vernon and asked him to pray for me (only because Elaine didn’t want to lay hands and pray for me ha ha). He said let’s pray for a miracle and after praying he said to move my back and to check whether the pain was gone. And truly, I moved and it was gone and I thanked Jesus!

As I drove home thanking Jesus, the pain slowly started coming back and by the time I reached home, it was back to square one again. So I prayed in tongues and laid my hands to my back, I rebuked the pain but it was getting so uncomfortable I could not lie down to sleep! So I got up and told myself “Okay, time to cry out to God” and grabbed my bible.

I flipped open the bible to Psalm 69, 70 and 71 (see below) and I used the words in the bible to help me cry out to God. And I cried out over and over again and then I had a prompting to go pop a panadol. I didn’t think it would help but I popped it anyway. I was getting tired because it was already midnight and I memorized the 2 last lines “You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.”

While I was lying down in bed I did not feel the pain and I kept repeating the last line for him to restore my comfort until I drifted off to sleep, without any pain! Praise the Lord! All glory to Him.

The power is in His word as we cry out to Him. It’s amazing because the last 2 lines didn’t really make sense to me this morning but it made great sense to me because what I was praying that he would grant me favour and bring back comfort to me. So you can see it got twisted but God still heard my cry! Praise our God in Heaven! Thank you Jesus for your goodness to me. Thank you Lord for everything.

Psalm 69:1,2
1 Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.
2 I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.

Psalm 70:1
1 Hasten, O God, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

Psalm 71:1-3, 12, 14-21
1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
2 Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
3 Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
12 Be not far from me, O God;
come quickly, O my God, to help me.
14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come.
19 Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God,
you who have done great things.
Who, O God, is like you?
20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
21 You will increase my honor
and comfort me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment