Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jesus Name above All Names

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


Out of the blue during bed time last night, Nic said “I am afraid of the dark”. Previously I would probably said “Don’t be silly, mummy and papa are here”. These days I begin to see how the devil attacks our minds, it starts with something small and it gets bigger and bigger. That’s the open door that we have to close each time because the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. And as I overcome my fears slowly, I have to help Nic as well because somehow genetically or whatever, I passed fears to him too. I told Nic that God is light. That even in the darkness His light shines very brightly. And because Father God is in our heart, Jesus is in our heart, the Holy Spirit is in our heart and God is light, we need not fear in the dark.
Ethan interjects “Mummy, I am not afraid because Father God and Jesus will take care of me right?” and then he burst out in this song “Yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me the bible tells me so. Little one to him belong. They are weak but he is strong.” And he goes on and on very loudly until Nic got irritated and made him stop. I asked Nic to fill in the blanks {}. Fear is not from God so fear must be from the {devil}. So we cast out {the devil} in {Jesus' Name}. Nic then asked why Jesus’ name is so powerful? I replied “Because, Jesus’ name is above all names, the devil, the kings, every god, all authorities, all names. He is the king of kings and the Lord of Lords”.

Philippians 2:9-11
Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Check out these two youtube movies. I pray that you will be blessed. I found the first so refreshing to watch early this morning as it took me quickly through scripture as to who Jesus is. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dsw0CSEJ0&feature=related

The second youtube movie Highest Place is so close to the scripture Philippians 2:5-11. Brilliant song writer I must say. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq6_Tp11O9I

Highest Place (Philippians 2:5-11) - Mark Peterson
Jesus Christ, in very nature God,
Did not grasp hold of His place on the throne,
But took on the nature of a servant,
Made himself nothing, born as a man.
Being found in appearance as a man,
He was obedient to death on a cross.
There he died, God the Son, the maker,
A humble servant, showing the way.

Chorus
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
And gave him the name above all names,
So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
In heaven and on earth and under the earth,
And every tongue confess That Jesus is Lord,
To the glory of God the Father.
©1998 Mark Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment