Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update - Exercising & Weeding

Monday 7 June 2010

Exercising and overcoming laziness is the greatest challenge for me. So this morning I put on my jogging shoes so that I would jog and not just take a stroll. After awhile I suddenly remembered the praise songs that I sung directly from the bible. It's not that great but it definitely has a melody that you can sing to. :)It is an extract from Psalm 105:

Give thanks to the LORD,
call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

And I thought to myself what a wonderful idea it is to sing praises this way for not only do we praise God but we also feed scripture to our soul! The joy in my heart made me jog merrily up the hill for another round and still have enough strength to clear out the garden from weeds and dead leaves. Suddenly, I felt like an angel on judgment day weeding out the dead leaves from the healthy plants, evil from the good. I must say I did not do a good job because I think in the midst of pulling out the weeds I pulled out some healthy plants as well. Oops. No wonder God will be leaving this task to angels.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.So that was my morning today, exercising and weeding and thinking of things above.

No comments:

Post a Comment