Thursday, June 24, 2010

Revelation of God’s love

I think last night Ethan experienced God’s love whilst praising Him. While the last time he took no interest in the “wow” game for each time the sky lighted up after lightning, last night was quite different.

It was a windy night and it was beginning to rain. Even Nic was fascinated with the wind that caressed his skin, blew coldly upon his cheeks and stroked his hair. “Mummy, mummy, open the window!” Nic said. Unfortunately, I had to close the window as we have no mosquito nets and it was bed time – time for bed.

We could see the shadow of the rustling leaves and lights (from streetlight) dancing together as the wind blew. “Mummy, the leaves are singing to Father God, right?” Ethan said suddenly. “Yes!” I said and sang “And the trees of the field will clap their hands, the trees of the field will clap their hands, the trees of the fields will clap their hands, will clap will clap their hands” as I waved my arms like swaying trees.

Isaiah 55:12
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Henry was already snoring and I was trying to sleep when Ethan continued, “Mummy, I can’t close my eyes because I want to see God’s light”. I replied, “Alright, say “wow”everytime you see the light ok?” trying to drift off to sleep. “Wow, mummy, look look!” Ethan shouted. Somehow, the shadows of the leaves and the lights dancing together at the window was fascinating him. Then, it occurred to me that he was praising God in his spirit, in his innerbeing and I said “God loves you very much you know – his love is very deep and wide”. Then we started singing “Deep and wide” with hand motions and all and his singing got louder and louder.

By this time Nic had already slept but Ethan was not aware and he turned to Nic and said “Kor kor you know Father God loves you very much because his light shines into you”. Even after he calmed down, he was whispering to himself “Deep and wide, deep and wide, there’s a fountain flowing deep and wide…”. But he could not contain himself and burst out into a loud song again before he calmed down again and said “Good night Father God, good night Jesus, good night Holy Spirit………..good night heaven”.

Then finally, Ethan fell asleep. Imagine, Ethan fell asleep praising God in his heart and that must be the most beautiful thing in the world.

Praise the Lord! Ethan got it! He really got it! Ethan received a revelation of God’s love. Indeed, we can only experience God’s love if we seek Him and have intimacy with Him (versus just being familiar with Jesus).

We can’t ride on other people’s revelation and testimonies of the experiences with God. It just doesn’t work that way. I pray that if you yearn for Jesus, ask Jesus tonight for a revelation of His love in your life so that you may have an experience with Him like little Ethan’s.

I learned in Deeper Life Seminar that we can turn words from the bible into our prayers back to God. So you can pray Ephesians 3:16-19 and Psalm 63:3 like this:

Father God, I pray that you will empower me with the Holy Spirit in my inner being. Jesus, be in my heart as I trust in you. Show me how to be rooted and established in your love. Give me your power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is your love for me, that I may know that your love is just too great for me to fully understand– then I will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You. Show me that your love is better than life (than all my favourite things in life), that my lips will glorify you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment