Sunday, November 14, 2010

God Is Greater Than Our Feelings




















1 John 3:20

Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.”

Last week, this verse struck a chord in my heart. Anytime that our feelings, our circumstances or our situations CONTRADICT with the word of God, we are to choose God’s word OVER our discovery. This bible verse actually supports that we are to choose to believe God’s words and it gives greater meaning to 2 Corinthians 5:7 “we walk by faith and not by sight”.

God is GREATER than our feelings. Wow! For me, I read it as “God’s word is greater than our feelings”. What God says about us holds more weight than what we think or feel about something that is contradictory to what He says. Many a time we say “I can’t I can’t”. He says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Many a time, we over-analyse our problem, our situation, our circumstance. We use the words “I think”, “I feel” and the more we think and feel, the problems gets even more intense for many more possibilities are added on. No doubt the devil helps fuel more thoughts when we begin to think that way e.g. we start to compare with other people.

The bible tells us to make a choice and even gives us the answer! To choose life. This is not human life but God’s life. God came to give us eternal life and His words are life. We are to choose life.

Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

It is a constant choice we make daily. That is why faith is not a religion but an action of believing, of “faithing”, to receive God’s love daily, to receive his eternal life daily, to receive God’s words daily. It is one thing to know but it is another thing to believe. My cell group just returned from Sungkai hotsprings over the weekend. The theme of our meet was “Receive God’s love – Praise, Pray, Trust (simply trust His word!)”.

I love this song that I just discovered this morning which sings about how we look to Jesus over and above our pain, our storms and we choose to praise Him for when we praise Him, God inhabits our praises and the devil flees. We choose to sing, to praise Him, to believe Him, His words, we lift Him up, let God arise. Then even our storms, our pain will grow dimmer, we believe.

Believe – (From Hillsong’s album, Beautiful Exchange)
You are my life
You are my strength
You are my Rock
On Who I stand
I lift my voice
I raise my hands
I lift my soul
With all I am
PRE-CHORUS:
In Christ forever I'll stand
I will believe
CHORUS:
You are strong enough
In my weakness
God be lifted up
And I will sing
Lift Your praises high
Lord be magnified
You make all things new
I will believe
So, hear this song
Receive our praise
You are my strength
For all our days
We lift You up
Our voices high
In every storm
Let God arise
BRIDGE:
Oh, Your loveYour love will never fail
Your love, it knows no end
Your love will never fail
Oh, Your love
Stronger than my strength
Greater than my pain
Your love will never fail
I will believe


Father God, I receive your love all over again this morning. I choose life. Lord, I choose to believe Your words over my feelings, my circumstance. Even though the xray shows denser mass, even though they say tarceva only suppresses cancer growth. I choose to believe your words O Lord that you bore my infirmities (sickenss, disease), that by your stripes I am healed and you say O Lord that you sent forth your word and healed me and delievered me from cancer. I believe I have already been healed despite the circumstances. For you have already shown your miracle that by one tarceva You took all my aches and pains away even though the doctor says it is impossible. You spared me from radiotherapy. You showed me my rhema of Isaiah 7 that the cancer attacks will not happen, it will not take place, that they will be too shattered and I am to just stand on my faith and it is established and so it was shown in the following scan that majority of the nodules have indeed reduced! Just like that! Just by believing your words! For You ARE greater than my feelings and I choose YOU and watch in awe of your miracles in my life. Thank you Lord for you ARE an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment