Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love with action, no condemnation, listen & obey = ask anything

I found these verses that spoke to me this morning.

1 John 3:18-24

" Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us. Those who obey God’s commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us."

There are many verses in the bible that promises us that God will give us anything that we ask but i have been taught that it always depends whether it is God's will. If that is so, we can never be sure, we can never be confident even though the bible also says that we are to be confident when we pray.

1 John 5:14,15

And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

I managed to piece it together on how God delivers His promises. I suppose the term 'action speaks louder' comes from the bible. Ultimately, I gather from the bible that we are to love one another because I think that is what we will be doing in heaven too. After all, God is love and the new jerusalem will be filled with God's love! He also says that our joy will
be complete when we love.

John 15: 9-12

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

So many wonderful things happen when we love the way God wants us to. I think most times we love out of our own strength, from what we have, from what we can accomodate but God wants us to grow.

I like the verse about no guilt, no condemnation too because it reminded me of why Jesus died for us. The punishment, the affliction, the scourge that was meant for us, all our condemnation - Jesus bore it on his body on the cross 2000 years ago and by his stripes we are healed! We are free now! No longer under condemnation. Everytime we feel condemned we can cast it down because it is not from God. The bible says that God knows our feelings and He knows everything about us - our sufferings and even the guilt that we feel. He gently leads us to grow, He never condemns. He gave us the holy spirit! We are a new creation when we allow the holy spirit to lead us. When we then move in the way He wants us to, even though sometimes it is hard at first, we can ask for anything we want! We can come to him in bold confidence!

Praise de lord! That is why it is important to listen to God and to do what He says. :) The things He tells us to do can be uncomfortable at first? For me is coming out of shyness and timidity and always having to confess God's words that I am as bold as a lion. What is God saying to you? We can only hear Him if we spend time with God and be still and let The Creator speak to His creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment