Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shooooooom! " It is done"

Shooooom! It is done.

Yesterday's class lesson was about learning to travail in prayer ( to have birth pains while praying) and to rise up in the spirit. Ps Gerry told us of how God would put in her heart to pray for a nation or a person. We don't know who God would place in our hearts. That person may not even be from our country. When she went over to Peru someone came up to her and said he had met her before, in the spirit. We could snatch someone out of their death bed or even from the fire. My own testimony was when I prayed to God to give me verses during the first night at the hospital. I was also desperately trying to call my cousin Tammy to give me some verses. Little did I know that the holy spirit then came to Tammy in a dream and bugged her till no end for her to pray for a desperate woman! Recently, I have also been burdened to  pray for her and when I checked with her, she told me she was going through some very difficult times and warfare. Even Leong Tien Fook shared during Hebrews class that he does not believe in praying from a shopping list but God would place it in your heart to pray for something or someone. 

An eye opener to me is that when we pray, something happens in the spiritual realm, angels are at work, battles won, God is making something happen. So,it is when we claim healing, healing has spiritually manifested in the spiritual realm but it takes time for the mind to be renewed and healing then pours forth into our body for healing.

Ps Gerry reminded us that Christians are not minority although statistically, we are a minority in the world. Guess who was there to help when Israel was surrounded by King Aram's army with horses and charriots: 

2 Kings 6:15-17

"15When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha.

16“Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” 17Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!” The LORD opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire."

Indeed, we are not a minority in the world and He who is in us is greater than he in the world. We have charriots of fire and an army of angels encamped around us and we are certainly not alone when we pray.

Ps Gerry teaches us to travail in prayer, to labor in the Lord, to yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit, to allow the Holy Spirit to take us to greater heights, to be used by God in the spirit so that we may grow in the Lord and see how He uses each and everyone of us. I must say I have not prayed that many times with such groaning. Even if there were times like that it would be more for myself and my family. But Ps Gerry told us not to worry about ourselves because once we learn to travail in prayer, He would just take care of us and our family so PRAY FOR OTHERS as he burdens us.

Galatians 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

Isaiah 66:7
Before a woman goes into labor, she gives birth. Before she has labor pains, she delivers a child

God wants us to give ourselves over to the holy spirit, to birth forth salvation including healing  and deliverance for family and friends and to birth forth all those things God has promised us so that we can rise in the spirit and grow more in Him.

Even men can have labor pains says the bible!
Jeremiah 30:6,7

6Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?

So men, put your hands on your loins and travail with crying, groaning, weeping, wailing! Last night, aLl of us in class travailed in prayer with groaning and wailing and crying. Elaine and I prayed for each other! Then, when it ended, she said it was one of the strongest presence of the holy spirit that she had experienced. She said it felt like a sudden "shooooooom" and then her hair on her arms stood up. She was praying for complete healing for me and for God to grant me long life and she heard God said loudly " Is is done. Go tell Liz." I was so touched to hear another confirmation from God. Indeed my focus is always on the author and the finisher of my faith, Jesus. Healing has already manifested in the spiritual realm and already flowing out into my physical body. I continue to stand on His words to me, God's rhema words to me and Elaine's and other friend's words for me. Thank you Jesus. I believe that by Jesus' stripes, I am healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment