Thursday, November 18, 2010

Praying in the Spirit

Two nights ago, I dreamt that someone needed help and so I prayed in tongues. Suddenly I woke up and I caught myself praying in tongues. I have heard a few testimonies of people who experienced this before but this is the first it has happened to me. If I had not woken up, I would have thought it was just a dream! How wonderful it is to be used by God even though I am fast asleep. I can't even remember who I dreamt!

I am beginning to understand these verses better:

1 Corinthians 14:2

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

Romans 8:26,27

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Thank you Lord for this experience. Thank you Lord for using me in Your Kingdom. It is really a new beginning for me. Thank you Lord for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment