Thursday, December 9, 2010

Father God will use His power

Oh, I must share this with you. I was driving Nic to his music class a few nights ago with Ethan in the car as well. It was raining and the traffic had come to a crawl. We were moving so slowly and even though we started our journey early, I had taken a wrong road to avoid a nearby flood. I realised we were only minutes away from the start of his class so I blurted "I don't think we can make it to music class". Suddenly, i heard a long drawl and with so much confidence "Caaaaaaan". I thought he could see some way out for me but he continued very matter of factly, "Just pray to Father God". He motioned with his hands, "When you pray to Father God right, Father God will use his POWER and move away all the cars."

Wow. I was so encouraged and said "Yes, yes! Let's pray". By the time we finished praying, we had reached the fork where most cars were heading to the right. I needed to go to the left and we drove up the ramp. The road was clear with only one or two cars in front of us! We were about 10 minutes late for class but we made it. Yay! All thanks to Ethan's encouragement and God's power on us that day. Praise the Lord!

Ephesians 1:19-20
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.

No comments:

Post a Comment