Saturday, December 4, 2010

A time to plant, a time to uproot

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven;
.....a time to plant and a time to uproot ..."

I have come across this paragraph from Ecclesiastes 3 but this time the line "a time to plant and a time to uproot" opened my eyes. Imagine! There is even a time to uproot and I am deeply touched that God has reminded me time and again that this is my time for healing. Now, he has reminded me again that it is a time of uprooting.

God has shown me my rhema of Isaiah 7 that this cancer and cough will not rise up against me, it will not take place and it will be too shattered. I only need to stand firm on my faith and it will be established. Then, He confirmed through Elaine and Steven Lee that the time to claim healing and time for complete healing is now when He told Elaine "it is done" and through Steven that this is the season to expect great things to happen including healing.

Recently, it was the word from Ecclesiastes that was another confirmation from God of what he is doing for me this season.  This time He is speaking to me through my mum. It has been over a month since I've had this desire to uproot the ugly dying plants from a little patch of land at the front of my gate. Henry heard that Sam the gardener had a very difficult time digging the soil outside and so he would not even contemplate digging for me. I even offered the men in my cell group RM300 to help me dig out the plants and I even tempted them with a mini party cum gambling session with the help from their wives but only one responded. The rest were just not born for gardening and no amount of temptation could persuade them. One man doesn't make a party so I aborted the plan. I told my mum of the plan that did not materialize and soon she started coming over to my house to clear the plants singlehandedly, with wisdom from the holy spirit. She would tell me how the holy spirit prompted her to wet the soil first before digging. The soil was so incredibly hard that it even broke her "cangkul"!

Although she did not want the money, I blessed her with it anyway. Yesterday, I related to her how the above verse spoke to me. I have wanted for so long to get it done but somehow nothing was done until recently and it is just so amazing that even such a task of uprooting plants has a season for it! I read it together with Matthew 15:13 which says:

“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots."

Even cancer that has not been planted by my heavenly Father will be pulled up by the roots from my lungs. There is a time for uprooting and the time is now as demonstrated by God's rhema to me, God's words to Elaine and Steven and now through my mum. My mum shared that as she pulled out the big dead tree stump from that plot of land, she felt she was pulling out something evil. She felt that once she had succeeded doing it, things will start to look better from then on. Indeed, for her life, it has been so - all the telecommunication, lighting, roofing in her house and even the grass in her garden have been slowly restored over the past 11 months. Even the SPA of a land deal was finally completely settled. Like me, she is also claiming God's complete healing for me. The word I sense from God is "this is the season for healing and complete uprooting". I am so very touched by God's words that there is a time for everything, yes, even complete uprooting of the cancer. Praise the Lord for His words, His words of life! Such encouragement!

I will be going for an x ray on 14 December 2010. I wait upon the Lord but this time I have a smile on my face and in my heart, a sense of knowing. :) I thank you Lord that you said "It is done", that you have granted me complete healing. I thank you Lord for Matthew 15:13 and you say that this is the season for uprooting. I thank you for all that you are doing in my life. I thank you for the friends and family that you are using around me to speak to me. I thank you Lord for them. In jesus' name I pray amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment