Thursday, January 28, 2010

Do Not Go Astray

I just received an email from Aunt Rosie Yim and the message she typed at the end of her email spoke so powerfully to me. Actually, it was a similar verse I saw the first night at the hospital in Proverbs 3:1-2

My son, don't forget my teaching,
but let your heart keep my commands;
for they will bring you many days, a full life, and well-being.

I had the same words spoken over me by a Pastor in Deeper Life Seminar when I was slain but he also added "to walk by faith and not by sight" and just last week I cried when I read Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Truly God speaks through His word, through friends and pastors, through sermons. The Sheep listens to His voice (John 10:2). There is no reason for us not to hear His voice. It's just whetehr we respond.

This is what Aunt Rosie wrote to me today:

LOVE HIM
REMEMBER ALL THAT HE HAS DONE
OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS
OBSERVE ALL HE ASKS SO PEOPLE CAN SEE TO BE DRAWN TO HIM
BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO ASTRAY
Deuteronomy 11:1-17

A powerful reminder to me to constantly seek Him, not just during this time but ALWAYS - until Jesus returns again!

My challenge to you friends is for you to seek an encounter with God without trials for I have seen and experienced how powerful God is and He is very real!

No comments:

Post a Comment