Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jungle trekking and cable car ride in Langkawi

Jungle trekking and cable car ride at Langkawi

We were blessed to be one of the earliest to reach the cable car station. There was no steep and windy drive up to the mountains because the cable car ride starts from the base station at the Oriental Village. Then it goes up to the intermediate station. It is a very steep ride and quite fast too considering how steep it is! Very powerful machine! Once we hit the intermediate station, the ride from here to the peak is what we can see from the hotel, way up in the mountains. It is more than just a ride. We got down at the peak and went up to the observatory deck. Then, we went downhill, a little jungle trekking towards the sky bridge. It is like a canopy walk except we are way high above canopies and the bridge is made of made of metal and stone. Nic and I keep wondering how they manage to build it!

Nic and Henry both were a wee bit afraid of heights. Nic kept wondering what if the bridge came down. I told him how is it possible if God love us so much? The whole journey he also asked many times what will happen if the black hole sucked in planet earth. I told him it will never happen because 2 Peter 3:7 says that heaven and earth are preserved by God's word. The world will be renovated, never destroyed in the sense that the whole planet earth will disappear.

2 Peter 3:7

7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

So, we can be rest assured the black hole won't swallow us up!

Ethan and I on the other hand enjoyed the sky bridge, both fearless and brave.. ha ha! The walk back up to the peak was a painful one for me. I was so breathless and that is really due to the lack of exercise, lack of stamina. Those sights of the ladies in stilettos climbing Batu Caves and panting and I always wondered why they are so breathless -now I understand! Ethan too decided to whine and asked poor Henry to carry him. Thank God it was only for 2 flights of stairs and not the whole way! Henry said it was a good work out.

So, in summary Nic gave a thumbs up for the cable car ride but thumbs down for the jungle trekking bit. Ethan, on the other hand gave thumbs up to both the cable car ride and the jungle trekking despite the whining.

One improvement I noticed from all the recent exercises was my thigh muscles did not ache at all that night. Whoo wheee! That is really a great improvement!

On Sunday morning, I woke up feeling more painful at the side of the waist. I think I pulled my nerve even more as I got out of bed. As I coughed, the pain was so excruciating, at one point I cried because I wanted to cough but I couldn't. The word that calmed me down and gave me strength was

Joel 3:10
"Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong." and

Ephesians 6:10
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."

I kept saying "I am strong" and "I am strong in Your mighty power".

Then, I would gain strength and not worry about it anymore. I went to soak in the sea and enjoyed God's creation around me. The clouds, the blue skies were beautiful. The mountains before me were dark green and way up the mountains I see the cable car ride again. The sea was calm and warm and there was no one else around except a man riding on a horse galloped on the beach passed me and greeted "Hello!". Then I soaked in the jacuzzi to ease the pain.

By noon, after a nap, I felt much stronger even though it is still hurt every time I coughed. As soon as we reached home, the pain was just a numbing pain and I can cough without excruciating pain now. Praise the Lord! Praise God for His strength. Did you know in Isaiah 27:5, God says we can reach out to take His strength. It is never our own strength that we overcome the pain but God's strength and it is so easy when we just rest in Him and let Him help us. Go ahead, reach out for His strength! :)

Isaiah 27:5

"Or let him take hold of my strength, ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment