Thursday, June 23, 2011

Snake's head chopped off

Snake's head chopped off

Isaiah 7:11
“Ask the Lord your God for a sign of confirmation, Ahaz. Make it as difficult as you want—as high as heaven or as deep as the place of the dead.”

I was praying today, well, as part of my homework too, to reach 40 minutes in praying in tongues. Previously, it  was 20 minutes but now they have pushed us to 40 minutes. Anyway, while I was praying, Isaiah 7:11 came to my mind and I was thinking I know this one. This is God's rhema to me that the cancer will not rise up against me and they will be too shattered. So, I decided to look up the bible and instead, it was about asking God for a sign and to make it as difficult as you want!

So, I asked for the same sign my mum asked for, that once my cough goes away completely, it will be a sign that the cancer is dead and I can go for a scan to check to glorify God. But I also asked that He makes me bold and stouthearted, so confident, that I know that I know that I know that all is well.

My mum has been praying very hard for me. She prayed for complete healing to come upon me on Pentecostal Day on 12 June 2011. So, I also prayed that from 12 June 2011, I will just get stronger and stronger and start to put on weight. A few days before 12 June, she asked God for a sign of how will she know I will be completely well and she asked could it be that my cough would go away and I can go for a scan. She was talking to God in the car and suddenly when she asked this, a splash of rain fell from the sky across her windshield and that was that! To my mum, it was an answered prayer!

So, when it flashed before me Isaiah 7:11, I had no idea it was about asking for a sign but I believe it is no coincidence for God does not want me to lean on my mum's faith but to have faith on my own so He is asking me the same.

Ever since 12 June 2011, the cough has started to change so I am praying once all the phlegm comes out, the cough has done it's job and all is well. :) I have been exercising and stretching and lengthening my muscles. I noticed that as I climb stairs now, I do not pant so much. I see a slight improvement. Praise the Lord!

It is amazing how the evil one attacks. Yesterday, a Karen called me and she was diagnosed with lung cancer and had gone through chemo but tumours started showing up again and she is confused whether to take another round of chemo. The whole time I was talking to her, I was coughing. It was most frustrating. Thank God she too sensed it was the evil one at work.

I remember when i was in so much pain and the medical report showed that the tumour was growing, I felt so cornered by doctors that chemo is the only way out but God opened the door for us to take low dose naltrexone and we have committed it to God. The pain also slowly left me. God will do the same for you if you go before Him. He will open and close doors for you. Just commit to God your plan and it will be a success.

My mum had a dream a few nights ago. She was bitten by a snake but the snake seem very weak. So, she chopped off the snake's head. She was worried but her friends assured her she was alright and that the snake is dead. She woke up and felt that the venom of the snake was so weak. It wanted to kill her but it was too weak. So she claimed things are beginning to turn around and the evil one is leaving us. It has lost it's sting.

I quoted Luke 10:19 where we have been given the authority to trample on the serpents and scorpions and nothing will harm us. I too believe the devil has no choice but to lose it's grip on us because we are children of God and as long as we continue to stand on God's word and not look at our circumstance or the medical report (not aligned to God's word),  we will have victory!

Previously, I would stand on God's word but get discouraged when I see the symptoms but God told me to keep binding and breaking the devil from me and keep gazing at Him and to confess His word. On 13 June 2011, my mum told me she has put me in the care of God and she is not going to worry about looking after me so much. I agreed with her and I am so happy she has let me go to God. In fact, all parents should do that when they dedicate their children to God knowing God will take care of them. We have grown so much since 12 June 2011. I just know I am going to see God's goodness in the land of the living and very soon. :)

Psalm 27:13

I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

I continue to wait upon the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment