Monday, August 8, 2011

Growth spurts

Growth spurts

After church yesterday, Ethan asked for his craft which he did in Sunday School. I told him that it was in the purple bag in the boot so he had to wait until we returned to the house. Later in the evening, it suddenly occurred to him about the craft again. He went into a room where the purple bag is normally kept and he started looking for it again! I was wondering what he was up to.

Then he said "I need paper". I asked him to look for it in the normal place. He took one big sheet and sat on the floor. 'Mummy I need pencil", he said. I was really curious. He took some of his stickers and stuck the corners of the craft onto the big piece of paper. He then started to copy down the whole memory verse onto the paper in very very big letters.

This was the memory verse he wrote:

“God is with you in everything you do.' Genesis 21:22

He was very headstrong about his little mission and he completed it! He has not done anything like that before so Henry and I were rather amused. He kept reading it over and over again.

I was very encouraged by the verse. I have not seen this verse before. I checked the bible to see whether it was word for word and it was! God IS with me in everything I do! Hallelujah!

I decided to use 3 verses to help me get up from where I am sitting or lying down so I can do my daily chores. Marvin taught me something from yesterday's sermon. He was teaching us how to get started reading the bible for those in spiritual dryness. It can be applied to anything we are about to do. After we pray for God for help to read the bible or in my case, to strengthen me, then I must believe that He has strengthened me and not continue lying down feeling weak. I started saying this morning "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13) You are with me in everything I do. (Genesis 21:22) You renew my strength. (Isaiah 40:31)". And with one big push, I get up and start to move around. :)

The boys amazed us last night during dinner. I cooked a simple meal of ABC soup (with carrot, corn, tomato, potato and onion), a plate of blanched broccoli, fried eggs, baked corn served with a mix of multi grain rice with white rice. It seems so bland to me but the kids actually loved the broccoli. Ethan decorated broccolis around his plate and I was worried he was not going to finish them but he did. He placed his rice into the soup and with two bowls of soup he finished his rice. Both boys loved the baked corn though they would turn down corn every time at shopping malls. Henry was commenting that we would not have seen this from them two years ago! Later Henry whipped us all a banana mango yoghurt smoothie. :)

What a wonderful dinner it was!




2 comments:

  1. Liz,

    The dinner; that's a very meaningful thing to do. Way to go!

    God bless, Anthony Chia, high.expressions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anthony, some days harder teo cook than others but God gives me the strength. :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete