Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rejoicing in the Tunnel!

Rejoicing in the tunnel

When Henry dropped me off at the emergency ward yesterday at SJMC, two hospital staff came to help me. I told them I am just here for a pet scan but they still asked me if I needed a wheel chair.  Man, I suppose I look really weak. I was feeling faint and walking slowly because I fasted since 5 am after my breakfast. I could only drink water. I turned down the wheel chair.

The procedure normally takes 4 hours or lesser. Actually it took longer than that! Probably about 5 hours. I was getting restless. Anyway, the good part was that the needle in comparison to a ct scan is much smaller so there was no pain when they fixed a line to my hand. Praise the Lord! That was my prayer for the morning. I kept saying to myself 'Be brave, be strong for the Lord God is with me for I am walking in victory, yes I am walking in victory, no I won't be afraid, no no, I won't be afraid for the Lord God is with me!

Then, I was injected with some fluid. Later in another room, they injected a big syringe of radiation. Groan. More poison into my system.

They put me into a private room to rest where I was injected with another fluid. Over 3 hours, they gave me 3 glasses of weird tasting water. I could go to the toilet, in fact it is encouraged.

Finally, I was taken to the pet scan room and they strapped my arms down above my head. I was to lie down for 30 minutes without moving. Thank God recently I overcame claustrophobia and yesterday was another test. I started gazing at Jesus and sang "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice. Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice". The machine slips me in and out the tunnel several times. After a while I must have dozed off and then I woke up with a very slight cough within and I though oh no, I am not suppose to move my body and was getting afraid. Yet, I gazed at Jesus again and started singing the song and I calmed down and everything was back to normal. Oh, earlier when they fixed the line, they gave me a pill to relax my brain! So it did help make me a bit drowsy.

After the scan and changing back to my clothes, I was led to a room and given a sandwich and a cup of Milo. It was such a relief. I was there from 11 am to 4 pm. The results will be out today about noon and then we are off to Heartscan Bangsar to meet Dr Beh.

Henry and I prayed that we will not depend on the medical report because God's way is a much bigger picture. Healing is already accomplished on the cross 2000 years ago and that is the finished work. We claim it Jesus' name. I just pray the P53 Gendicine treatment will start this week. Please pray with us. Thank you so much.

We have received about RM60k thus far. Another RM190k to go. :) thank you so much for your contribution. We are deeply touched. We place our trust in God our provider. I praise u lord, I praise u Lord, you are my rock, my salvation, my deliverer, my healer, my provider, my tower of refuge' my shield. I magnify you! I exalt you! To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment