Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update - Overcoming Claustrophobia

I am feeling slightly stronger today. Yesterday night at bed time, I managed to pray in tongues, aloud and with passion. Sometimes I feel so discouraged that even praying in the spirit is difficult because I just don't have the strength. Even singing praises to God is difficult these days but I think it is all in the mind because when I take hold of God's strength and fight against the enemy, the weakness is overcomed and my voice returns. Amazingly, I don't have a problem when singing with other saints in church. I believe it is because where people praise God, God inhabits the praises of the people and all spirit of discouragement leaves me. I thank Elaine for her reminder to me of Luke 10:19 and a reference to Don Moen's song ' I have given you authority" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvPoKF2GW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Luke 10:19
"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you."

Having experienced this weakness, sometimes I think maybe this shows deterioration but the bible says if we use our authority we can overcome ALL the power of the enemy, not 'some', not 'almost all'. The verse and the song was very encouraging and last night, my soul arose and I prayed in the spirit for quite some time.

That  night I had an interesting dream. Henry and I was skipping hand in hand over a dome like fountain with water springing out. It felt like we were in a broadway show singing "I'm singing in the rain", a very happy feel. Then there were some steps that other couples were dancing on , tapping their feet and clicking their fingers in a synchronized manner.

I woke up and sensed that God just wanted me to rejoice and praise Him. I read the daily bread on www.rbc.org and this part on Psalm 68 spoke to me

Psalm 68: 3,4

"But may the righteous be glad
and rejoice before God;
may they be happy and joyful.

Sing to God, sing praise to his name,
extol him who rides on the cloudsa—
his name is the LORD—
and rejoice before him."

So, this morning I started singing :

SING A NEW SONG UNTO THE LORD
LET THE SONG BE SUNG FROM MOUNTAIN HIGH
SING A NEW SONG UNTO THE LORD
SINGING ALLELUIA

YAHWEH'S PEOPLE DANCE FOR JOY
O COME BEFORE THE LORD
AND PLAY FOR HIM ON GLAD TAMBORINES
AND LET YOUR TRUMPET SOUND

My heart was filled with joy this morning. I then went to the club for a massage and was surprised that I could get the slot i wanted despite not booking in advance! Praise the Lord! :) She taught me how to sprinkle water on my body after the massage and spend as long as I can in the sauna. I actually do not like sauna because it makes me claustrophobic. It makes me feel like I am getting out of breath and I need to escape. She actually advised me before and I actually went home thinking about the claustrophobia. Why do I have it? Now, walking with God, I know I can overcome it. The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. God supplies all my needs, even the air that I breathe. I have nothing to fear. Nothing shall harm me. So, with boldness, I stepped into the sauna today and I had no trouble at all! :)  No suffocation feeling, no claustrophobia, no wanting to escape the room. I stayed until I began to sweat and then had a shower.

I really feel rejuvenated now and I know this is all a blessing from God. He made it happen. :) Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment