Monday, December 7, 2009

All I want for Christmas

All I want for Christmas is my health in good shape again! Unfortuantely, that is NOT how we Christians ought to pray. That is just hope with all the warmth and merriment of consumerised paganistic Christmas everywhere. BUT by Jesus stripes, I am healed! But there is still fuzziness in my brain that is slowly but surely leaving me. I’ve been feeling low the past few days but it has no power no dominion over me. Today’s the first day that I have managed to jog round the neighbourhood which is a good sign that the energy level is slowly rising. I was taking up to 4 naps a day which is pretty scarry even to myself! But I hold on to His promises and focus on His finished work in me. Today is a good day. I only took my usual nap after lunch and feeling fine now even though it is 4.30pm already. Praise the Lord!

Only yesterday I was praying out aloud near my sis “Lord, give me back my energy”, my head flipped backwards coz I have no strength to even hold my head up. She said “what?”. I said “LORD, GIVE ME BACK MY ENERYGY!” I feel a bit like Samson having lost his powers. I’m not sure what Samson did to get it back. I guess he prayed! Yes, he did! He prayed to the Lord “O Sovereign Lord, remember me O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes”.

Well, I’ve nothing to avenge but I have a passion to testify! J God has been truly good to me. This hospital check up has been the most victorious as I personally witnessed Him rescue me the very last moment and he assured me that everything will be alright and signed off in the sky! Powerful!

This morning, I was delighted I found these 2 passages in Philippians. He has been directing me to there and finally today, I did. Here it goes:

Philippians 1:6
“6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Yes, despite the fever and lack of energy, I continue to speak life and healing over my body (as taught to me by Deeper Life Seminar) and this scripture assures me and comforts me that He who has begun a good work in me will indeed carry it one to completion! Yayyy! Praise the Lord!

Philippians 1:9-11
9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

I think this is the scripture that supports that because of this passion of seeking after Him, He will just give me a spirit of discernment. So, it doesn’t matter what sermon I hear because He will lead me. Of course, I won’t go totally out of whack and listen to some cultish stuff. Ha ha.

Then I will be filled with the fruit of righteousness. This is amazing. That is the fruit of grace! The fruit of having right standing with God is that our love will abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, having a spirit of discernment! Not by what we do but just seeking after Him! Cool!

Back to Christmas, how apt that Charles Wesley wrote this song “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”, that by Jesus’ birth, we will never die – Jesus came to give us the GIFT of righteousness (right standing with God) and spiritual healing (born to give them second birth)….

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

All I want for Christmas is to renew my faith and receive this gift of righteousness all over again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, I just read your latest blog. I have just prayed for you and I know that our mighty heavenly father has heard it! Thank you Lord :)
    I copy and paste this part of what you have written to encourage you with this morning! -

    --- Well, I’ve nothing to avenge but I have a passion to testify! J God has been truly good to me. This hospital check up has been the most victorious as I personally witnessed Him rescue me the very last moment and he assured me that everything will be alright and signed off in the sky! Powerful!

    This morning, I was delighted I found these 2 passages in Philippians. He has been directing me to there and finally today, I did. Here it goes:"

    Philippians 1:6
    “6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” ---


    His love endures!
    Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy, big sobs came...I am really touched. I was thinking of Isaac today as I wrote the article today and i felt God teaching more through the stiff neck incidence. Still learning everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete