Thursday, December 3, 2009

God Surfing on Dark Clouds to My Rescue

Did you know that in Psalm 18, when David cried out to God, God came to his rescue and very dramatically so too. He came from heaven, parted the clouds, surfed on the dark clouds, mounted onto cherubim and rode on the wings of the wind. There were other dramatic parts where smoke rose from his nostrils and consuming fire from His mouth. He was angry that the enemies were attacking David. So, I called out to God at 3 am this morning though I have been meditating on it these few days. If He would do it for David, He would do it for me. After all, Jesus paid the price and I have right standing with God. All is right between me and God!

I cried out to God "Why haven’t you parted heaven and surfed on the dark clouds, you say you would. You said you would pull me out onto a spacious place. Please rescue me like you did David". That was 3 am this morning, still having fever at 38.4 degrees.

I was having fever since Tuesday realizing it after sending Nic to Vacation Bible School and feeling tired and wanting so much to sleep. Fever comes and goes after each panadol. Then my body will feel cold again and I would pop the panadol again. I was brushing it too close for the ct scan this morning so in my desperation, I cried out to Him.

This morning at 7.45am, I woke up and I felt all is well. I did not feel intensely cold as I would in previous mornings. A bit dazed but I feel normal again. I just fell on my knees and said “Thank you Abba Father” over and over again.

I felt or in my mind I visualized that God’s big hand was next to me. He did come to rescue me after all and I felt Him saying “The devil might have a field day the past few days but today there will be none of it”. Yay! Praise the Lord!

Mrs Liew called me shortly after in the morning and advised that I should tell the hospital that I had fever and there is a possibility they might not allow a scan on me.

I did tell the hospital nurses. They took my temperature. 36.2 degrees (7 hours after last panadol). No fever! So, she allowed the scan to proceed.

Have you ever heard the word “stout hearted”? When I asked Henry this he said “Sounds like Ethan!”. I found Psalm 138:3 very assuring. It goes like this:

"When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted."

“Stout hearted” is from the bible! God really loves us and provides for all our needs. Just meditating on that verse made my spirit grow stronger and stronger. Also, many times in the past few days I had to shout to my soul “Arise my soul, Arise! Bless your creator”. It is easier to understand how when our spirit is strong and tells the soul to arise, the soul will also communicate to our body to arise and heal faster. So much for endorphins but spiritually that’s how it works. On the contrary, if our soul dominates and is very much in the world then our spirit is trapped and we are not cooperating with the holy spirit even though it is our inheritance! Cool eh?!

So, I asked God for a vision while waiting for 2 hours before the ct scan procedure started. I saw a flag and suddenly the Sunday school song came to my mind.

Joy is the flag flown high
From the castle of my heart (3x)

Joy is the flag flown high
From the castle of my heart (3x)
For the King is in residence there
Then, I started singing..yes yes..in the hospital:
He has made me glad
He has made me glad
I will rejoice for He has made me glad
2x

Hopefully nobody heard me. The hospital was quite quiet today. I felt I had the victory because Christ has given me the victory. I had God’s peace all will be well. The ct scan would go well and the results will make me rejoice!

Indeed when I got into the ct scan room and laid down waiting for the procedure to start, I had a vision in my mind, a big angel in hospital robes landing on the top of the circular ct scan. Wow! I felt assured and on top of God’s peace already given, I felt even more secure that God was watching everything and protecting me. It was amazingly smooth. Even the setting up of the needle by Dr Alex Tang earlier was amazingly smooth though he sighed he could not see my vein and was using my left hand instead of my right. But as the needle went in, there was absolutely no problem and within seconds all was set up! Praise God!

Henry did his usual thing and dug in for the report. He read that the liver is CLEAR! Praise God!

The lung lesions are unchanged but later, Dr Foo Yoke Ching said it's good as there is no progression. Her exact words “Your lungs are very nice”. I reported the fever to her and she said it could be because the targeted therapy has lowered my blood count. So, she immediately asked me to do a blood test there and then. The results – my blood count is normal! Praise the Lord! So, I hope this answers my mum’s concern of what is really happening. It’s just a little bug. So she gave me some antibiotic for this sort of irritating flu with no symptoms of cough or cold.

Since I was still having fever as I visited her (38.1 degrees) she also suggested I lay off Tarceva for 5 days! Praise the Lord! No poison in me for 5 days! Also she gave me another month's supply gratis (which just arrived in a parcel this morning and unopened) and wished us Merry Christmas. God is truly good.

Thank you all for interceding for me. As I blog now, I feel well, fever is gone and finally had some wipe down after 3 days. Yuks. I was too weak, too ill to even touch water as I was freezing within. But God is good. He broke the fever in time for the scan. It is joyous news for us and thank you for all your prayers and smses that really cheered me up and send tears to my eyes, even the news that the whole VBS team was rejoicing today after hearing the news. Yes God will complete the good work in me and we will indeed celebrate together really soon!

The King came down from heaven on dark clouds. Later he formed the words “U C” against the beautiful bright blue sky (like Australia!). Like he was telling me “You see, I told you that all will be well and you will rejoice”. I captured a shot of the sky specially for you but it was slowly changing to "Z". See if you can spot it. :)


Psalm 18: 1-19

1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
7 The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
8 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
9 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The LORD thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies ,
great bolts of lightning and routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, O LORD,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! Wonderful news - Praise Him, our great unchanging God! He is with you always, how great is his love! We'll be in KL soon, so hope to give a real hug then - we'll give you a ring when we're there. Our love to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy! Can't wait to see you all again. Indeed He has been really good to me and my family. Can't wait to share with you more when I see you again. :) Take Care.

    ReplyDelete