Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nic accepts Christ


Whoooey! Nic is now a Christian. He accepted Christ on 27 December 2009. It all started when all of a sudden he said he wanted to go to heaven. I was thinking "Of course you can go to heaven. You're a christian! No no, he's only a child!" So I asked him "If you want to go to heaven you must first believe that Jesus is the son of God. Do you believe that? He said "Yes".

"Then, you also need to believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again and now Jesus is alive! Do you believe that?" Nic said "Yes".

"Well, there's one more. You also need to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Do you believe that?" And Nic said "Yes".

"Well then, you can go to heaven now. You are a Christian now, you are one of the family of believers" I said smilingly. Then Henry and I asked Nic. Why did you ask such a question? Nic replied "Because I love Jesus and I want to hug him". Then he surprised me when he added. I don't like the devil. Which I replied "Yes, the devil is evil. It has zero love". He said "Mummy, you don't have to tell me! I know the devil is evil. I don't even like him!" Harumppphhhh!

Wow! Nic has changed so much since going to VBS, thanks to all the teachers who spent so much time explaining and acting out what Jesus did, who He is and all. I keep thinking what a wonderful testimony that Nic would be to his peers. Really, he loves Jesus because he has tasted of God's goodness - from being free from head pain, from being free from eye pain, from being free from ulcer in the mouth after a sip of water, of God's protection from his fall and quick recovery, from getting to see a rainbow at his request and many car park spaces granted wherever he goes. Truly God has been so good to him. At a Christmas party recently, he wanted to tell the other children about "Jesus story" but the kids only wanted to hear "monster stories".

That is really a change in character from a boy who loves monsters so much. Truly, even at such a young age, God's words hold true for him.

2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

This mummy wants to cry...

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is really wonderful Liz. It is amazing how young hearts are so open to the salvation God offers us. They have no pretense or self image to uphold... I pray you and your family continue to grow in Christ, as you journey on in this life He has given you. Sorry I havent emailed before. I do read your posts when I get to the computer and you are in our prayers! God bless and may 2010 be another wonderful year! love from Wendy and family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy

    So happy to hear from you. Thanks for your prayers. You have a big family so take care of yourself too. Make sure you eat well and destress lots. But I am sure our good Lord is watching over you and your family. Have a blessed 2010 and hugs to all at home!

    ReplyDelete