Monday, March 8, 2010

Drops from Heaven

I've been having backache, just a teeny weeny bit and also sore muscles on my left chest near my left arm. Enough pain to send fears into my heart. I asked God "What is it?". And he replied "You need to exercise". I've been getting lazy and to step up speed has been my greatest challenge. So, in obedience, I hauled myself out of bed in the morning and went for a walk.

What a slow walk. Then, I saw drops on the ground. Yikes, it's going to rain and I started to run. But the drops were so few and it did not even develop into a decent drizzle. I felt God's love enveloping me. Imagine, God would actually send drops of rain down to motivate me to step up speed. He's an awesome God!

Last week, while driving and stuck in a crawling traffic I started reading signboards. I pass these signboards almost daily so it was interesting what God was speaking to me through them when I took notice of them. The first was a big giant signboard with the words "Melindungi yang tersayang". Instantly, I felt God saying because He loves me, He will protect me. Second board said "Selayangku Sayang" and immediately I read it as "Lizku Sayang" that He loves me. The third board had Darth Vader looking at me and the thought of "May the Force be with You". But God is not a force. He's a spirit. God loves me. And the fourth was a signboard screaming "Success" from a distance. I read it as God will give me success and victory and I need not worry. He loves me. I drove on to see what signboard it is. It's actually an advertisement from a slimming centre! Four signboards speaking to me on just one road! Cool!

Still, I was feeling down and a bit fearful why I am having these aches. Last night I went for Deeper Life Seminar and we were going through how God did not make the devil. Lucifer was a beautiful angel who wanted to exalt himself higher than God and there was a fight in the heavenly realms between the good angels and Lucifer and his followers. Revelations 12 shows that the devil will be thrown into the lake of burning sulphur and he will be tormented day and night forever and ever. We were also shown the passage of Luke 10:19, my favourite to show that Jesus has given us authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and to overcome ALL powers of the enemy and NOTHING will harm us. It spoke to me so clearly. Yes, NOTHING will harm me, definitely not this fear that was building up. I knew for sure then I was under attack the past week. Better still, she made the whole class read out aloud Luke 10:19 three times!

Amazingly, Rev Gerry gave an example that pointed exactly to my situation. She said "But do you believe it?" Will you hold on to this when you receive a report from the doctor that you have cancer?". She gave an example using Revelations 12 to tell the devil "You get out from me in Jesus' name! You have no right to come near me. You will be thrown into the lake of burning sulphur and you will be tormented day and night forever and ever!".

That night, the fears just left me and I spoke whatever scripture I knew aloud to build up my faith.

"Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." (1 Peter 3:14)

I thank you Lord that you bore my sicknesses and infirmities (Isa 53:4,5) on the cross and became a curse for me on the cross (Galations 3:13) so that I may be healthy and and by your stripes I am healed (1 Pet 2:24)

Nothing will harm me, Nothing will harm me, NOTHING will harm me (Luke 10:19)

No harm will befall me! (Psalm 91)

The Lord is my helper. The Lord is my helper. The Lord is my helper! (Psalm 121)

Hey, this morning, I got up and the soreness on my left chest left me. Praise the Looooorrrrrd! I got up and quickly went for a run/walk. Yes, yes, must pick up speed! I just want to thank Him so much for being so close to me this past week and guiding me through and pulling me out of those fears injected by the devil. I am so grateful for His love!

1 comment: