Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Giving My Testimony

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts" Psalm 145:3,4

Today's the second time I gave my testimony in public. The first was at the Pudu Chapter of the Full Gospel Businessmen's Meeting. The second was at the PJ Bandar Sunway Chapter. Hamir was the speaker. On both accounts he told me to share. I really must be bold and testify more on my own accord!

What surprised me was Alex shared with me later that as I testified, he saw the dots (lesions) starting to disappear. The more I testified the more it disappeared! Praise the Lord! He said at the first half of my journey I would ask God, looking up left and right "Where are you Lord?". But God wanted to tell me He was just standing beside me all this while. Now, this other half of this journey I can walk together with Him. That's really true as I am beginning to hear His voice more clearly. As Hamir prayed over me in tongues later, I didn't realise but Alex was standing by him ready to interpret and he shared with me later that God is saying "Go forth, go forth, go forth".

Later, when I shared with Alex how God sent drops of rain to motivate me to exercise, he said that I musn't let the problem speak to me. Because each time I allow that to happen, it gets louder and I lose my belief in God. He gave me scripture:

2 Corinthians 10:5

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I hear this scripture so often during this journey but I am not quite sure how to apply it until lately, it has come clear to me how the devil constantly gives me negative thoughts. It's easy to have fears when my imaginations run wild, when I fear what others fear, when a doctor's report verifies the fear. It's becoming clear to me the devil's scheme the recent one being the pain on the left side of the chest which just went away after God's word was spoken over me. It's just plain fears injected by the devil into my mind. Alex told me every time a negative thought comes to me to speak out God's word of 2 Corinthians 10:5 and bring back my thoughts to what God says.

In the name of Jesus, I cast down all imaginations that you the devil set up against the knowledge of God. For no weapon formed against me shall prosper. For this is my inheritance.

Still, I continue to be amazed at people like Alex. How do they hear God's word so clearly? He says there is no short cut but spending time with God and His word and ultimately keeping quiet to hear God's words. I also notice they ask a lot "What is it Lord?", "Why Lord?", "Where Lord?" , "What does it mean Lord?" and then there's a still small voice he says that is very clear and not 50:50. I asked what if I think it might be from the devil and there's doubts. He said to speak 2 Corinthians 10:5 again to cast down all imaginations. Then relax. After awhile, ask God again in your spirit and you will hear Him speaking clearly to you.

Hamir said he was encouraged by my testimony. I am just so happy I got to glorify God and give Him all the praise for truly He loves us so much and He is always there for us. We just need to open our hearts to Him to receive Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment