Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boomerang Express - Isaiah 55:11

Of late, these two verses Isaiah 55:11 and Jeremiah 1:12 have proved so powerful to me. I never quite understood why Hamir kept quoting that the word that God sent forth will not come back to him void. This really should be THE verse for this year's Vacation Bible School's "the Boomerang Express".

To me, Isaiah 55:11 is like a boomerang. We use God's words in our lives, we declare it and God will watch over His word (Jeremiah 1:12) to perform it to finally fulfil His purpose. His word when declared never returns to Him void (empty). It is used - to heal, to deliver, to save!

It has opened my eyes to understand that every word in the bible can be trusted upon and it can really be exciting as I begin to apply it to my daily life. So far, I've encouraged my close friends to use 2 Timothy 1:7, Philipians 4:6 and 1 John 5:14,15 together. It is so very powerful if you are feeling anxious, worried or fearful over something.

Fear is not from God. If we have any fears, it must be from the devil. So we apply "Do not be anxious" in Philipians 4:6 and cry out to God "Lord, you say, fear is not from you and you say that if I am anxious to pass eveything to you in prayer and petition so I pray now Oh Lord and you say in I John 5: 14.15 we can come in confidence to you and you will hear our prayers and if you hear our prayers, you will give us what we ask". And then, all we do is believe.

That is the beauty of God's grace. Because we now have right standing with God, we have become His child and we can come boldly before His throne of grace He will listen to our prayers.
That is the power of God's word. I have so much assurance that the bible says that He watches over His word to perform it. He is active, he is alert, he never sleeps, he never slumbers. Test the word. Test God if He will not perform it. This is our God.

Isaiah 55:11
"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Jeremiah 1:12 "Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it.""


By the way, if you didn't know VBS' theme this year, it is as follows:

Boomerang Express Scripture
1 John 4:9 Holman CSB®

"God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him."

Boomerang Express Motto:

Follow!
Worship!
Live through Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment