Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Life is a Testimony

I shared with Henry's cousin last night that I just believed in Jesus and what He has done for me on the cross 2000 years ago, that he not only bore my sins but also took my sickness away and I just cling on to His promise that by his wounds, I have been healed. Past tense. That's the amazing part of God's word, we can cling on to His promises because He is a God that cannot lie.

She told me she was glad to see myself resolved within to just pick up and just move on. I went home pondering that line. It wasn't that I picked myself up but letting myself go to Jesus who then picked me up. It wasn't a mind game that I have to stay happy so that endorphins can be churned but reliance on God's promises and there is power in His word! By stretching my hands out to receive His grace, He stretched out His hand and pull me out of the pit. That's why the healing process has begun and I choose to look at His finished work on the cross. He says "It is finished". There is nothing else for me to do but to believe. By receiving His grace, He gives me also the wisdom to handle this situation eg asking for prayers, taking advise from family and friends, nutrition, type of chemo, exercise, taking rest, getting sunshine, not being stressed etc but never the other way round first. Anything else would be on my strength and I would continue to be under the curse, fallen away from grace again (see my blog on "Blood of Jesus - I am "faith"ing). I know it is difficult to understand but here is a song by Marvin Sapp that speaks my heart too, even his opening words are so true. Click the video bar on the right, lyrics below:


We Worship You Today

Verse 1:
My life is a testimony, my heart is an open vessel.
My will is the part that yields to Your will.
My walk is the way You lead me,
my talk is the words You feed,
my praise is the sweetest sound to Your ears.

Chorus: Hallelujah (3x), we worship You today.

Verse 2:
I live ‘cause You have allowed,
I give ‘cause You showed me how;
I’m here as a testimony to You.
There’s no place I’d rather be,
there’s no other God for me,
there’s no other name I give all the praise.

Chorus Vamp:
We worship, we worship, we worship,
we worship, we worship, we worship,
we worship, we worship, we worship,
we worship You today.

(Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlXRbi3sSfc&feature=fvw)

No comments:

Post a Comment