Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How to Pray - Part 2

I was going through my notes on how to pray and the types of prayers from Deeper Life Seminar in preparation of the exam I had to do over the weekend which I did not do but finally completed it last night at 8pm, the time DLS class started! I told myself I would not get stressed over it and instead took my time to enjoy the study. While studying, I got so inspired to send the verses to Aunty Beverly. I sent out 9 smses! Thank God I didn’t get a scolding but instead a nice sms saying she was encouraged. Then, I got so encouraged, I sent the same verses to Min Yi who was also encouraged. So, I decided to send these verses to you to so that you can meditate on it and be blessed as well.

"Aunty Beverly, just want to share with you that i pray for u daily and thank Him for healing you because I claim His promise that whatever I ask I believe I have received it and it will be mine (Mark 11:24) Aunty Beverly, find a scripture that promise the answer and in Proverbs 4: 20-22 “God says my son pay to attention to what I say, listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight keep them within your heart for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else guard your heart for it is de well spring of life.” Don't let any thots dampen you. It is not from God. Say, “I reject these thoughts in Jesus’ name. I choose to stand firm on God's word and it is his will to heal. 1 Peter 2:24 by His wounds you have been healed.” Choose God's words over feelings that contradict God's words."

"God said I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. (Psalm 89:34) That is de assurance that we can cling on to His promises n de confidence we have in approaching Him ( 1 john 5:14,15) Praise de Lord! :)"

"Everytime you feel pain you say to de devil, “de bible says I just need to stand firm (Ephesians 6:13) n I don't have to fight this battle because God said the battle belongs to Him (2 chronicles 20:15). Begone devil in Jesus' name!”"

"2 chronicles 20:17 - you will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions stand firm and see the deliverance. :) "

"But if I drive out demons by the spirit of God, then de kingdom of God has come upon u. Or again how can anyone enter a strong man's house unless he first ties up de strong man? Then he can rob his house. (Matt 12:28, 29)"

"Luke 10:18,19 I saw satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all power of de enemy, nothing will harm you. Aunt Beverly, that is de authority God has given us to rebuke the devil, to drive it away, to bind it, to cast it out. Then just focus on His love, de price he said. De grace given. De right standing before God. We r his children. He will answer all our prayers. 1 john 5: 14, 15 knowing it is his will to heal. In fact he overcame our disease borne our sickness 2000 years ago. :) yay! Praise de Lord!"

"By de blood of Jesus we are made righteous before God. We have right standing before God now. And de bible goes on to say 'the prayer of a righteous man is powerful n effective. 'Isn't that awesome? that's why when we pray in that attitude that we have right standing before God our prayers are powerful n effective. :) i am so happy i found this verse tonight. Always thot someone was more righteous than me. Not true. We are now his children now de moment we accepted christ co heirs w christ. :)"

"Pray to de Father in de name of Jesus (John 16:23-24), believe de moment u pray (Mark 11:24), thank God for de answer (Philippians 4:6), come boldly upon de throne of grace (James 5:16-18), find scripture to meditate upon, watch out for negative thots - not from God reject it in Jesus' name, don't worry (1 Peter 5: 7), think of these things (Philippains 4:8), stand firm on God's word (Ephesians 6:13-14.) "

"One very important thing which I am still learning. De words we speak out, our thots must be in agreement to de meditation of our hearts, de prayers that we pray. (Ps 19:14)"

I pray you will all be blessed by the above verses.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! Just read your news about your latest scan, yay!! Praise Him for his authority and power! His love endures forever, Hugs and love to you, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tracy! Great to hear from you! Yes, praise Him forever more! :) Hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete