Thursday, October 15, 2009

Praising God – let the demons flee


Yesterday, 15 October 2009 was a bad day. I was feeling down because of the plehgm that did not seem to want to go away. It’s still green. I hardly cough though. Then I remembered what Deeper Life Seminar taught me..to refer to 2 Corinthians 5:7

“We live by faith, not by sight.”


If I was feeling discouraged and down cast, then I should choose to listen to what God says over my feelings. So, the whole day I carried this feeling in my heart but knowing that it is not from God. So, how then do I get rid of such feelings, I told myself? Since, I know it is not from God, then I know it must be from the devil to condemn me again.

I whipped out my bible and I recalled what Ps Joseph Prince from New Creation Church, Singapore said in his CD (see video bar also) – that we are blessed if we did what believing Abraham did. Abraham believed in God by faith. I remembered he said all the blessings which is mentioned in Deuteronomy continue to flow but the curses stop at the cross. So, I went looking for those blessings, and I found them in Deuteronomy 28:1-12. Deuteronomy 28:7 spoke to me.

“1 If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: …… 7 The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.

I told God, “You said that if I follow you (and having received your grace), I will be blessed. You say in Deuteronomy 28:7 that you will grant that the enemies (cancer, cough, phleghm) who rise up against me will be defeated before me. They will come at me from one direction and flee from me in seven. I claim all this is Jesus’ name. Thank you Jesus for healing me.

I shared this with Henry in the evening and by then the condemnation had gotten worst. I was feeling uncared for and unloved which I know is not true and Henry confirmed it. Sweet Henry said a prayer for me and Nic took a picture of Henry and I together to cheer me up. Ethan sent me a picture of his drawing of mummy. All that lifted my spirit.

Before sleeping, I decided to talk to God again and even wrote a psalm for Him which is actually a copy of verses here and there to match the situation I was feeling.

“Praise be the Lord
Oh Lord my rock
The Lord is my strength and my shield
I call to you for help
Hear my cry for mercy
I will extol you, I exalt you
Praise the Lord with the harp
Oh Lord open my lips
And my mouth to declare your praise
Oh Lord, come quickly to help me
Why are you so downcast O my soul
Why so disturbed within me
Put your hope to God
For I will yet praise Him
My Savior and my Lord
God is my refuge and strength
All day long they conspire against me
They lurk
They watch my steps
Eager to bring down my soul
On no account let them escape
In your anger O God, bring down my enemies
My enemies will be destroyed
When I call for help
But this I know that God is for me
In God, whose word I praise
In the Lord, whose word I praise
In God I trust, I will not be afraid
My fortress, my loving God”

I read out again after writing it out and then I felt God’s presence, the Holy Spirit with me because I started crying. I kept thanking God over and over again. This experience confirmed what I learned at Deeper Life Seminar – that praising God will make demons flee from you. When God is with us, demons flee. In 2 Chronicles 20:22, Jehoshaphat was surrounded by 3 armies but the first thing he did was to inquire with God and then Jehoshaphat commanded his army to sing and praise God! Not even prepare for battle! Imagine! And when they began to sing and praise God, the Lord destroyed the enemy. It took them 3 days to pick up all the spoil after their enemies’ defeat.
"22 As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated."

God enjoys our praises - we are to rejoice, sing, dance, make a joyful noise. We are to tell others too what Jesus has done in our lives. To testify. How often we keep quiet and not share of His wondrous works. We are to praise Him continually.

Hebrews 13:15
15Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

Psalm 35:28
28 My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
That is an eye opener to me, a revelation to me. I thought we only worship continually in heaven. I thought we only praised him on Sundays. Now praise has a new meaning to me and yesterday night I experienced what it means to God and to me.
Amazingly, this morning it was like a rainbow had come up over the sky. I had 4 calls from friends and hubby this morning alone, encouraging me and just calling me up to see how I am doing. It’s like He had a lesson for me to learn. To live by faith not by sight. To obey God’s words over feelings. To meditate on His word. To praise Him. Thank you Lord for being so close to me teaching me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment