Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Stop Believing

Hamir’s name popped up in my mind today. I wasn’t sure whether to call him not wanting to seek encouragement but then I know God wouldn’t make his name pop up for no reason. Nothing is a coincidence when it comes to God. I am learning to listen to God and his prompting and Father God knows what I am going through. I know a lot of people ask me how I am and I thank you for your caring heart.:) I say I am strong when I feel strong and shaky when I am feeling shaky. Emotionally, the last 2 weeks has been challenging. Then I remembered what Hamir told me a year ago, that medical reports are mere man’s reports. In the beginning, I looked at him strangely thinking “You mean, you want me to deny reality?”. Now, I understand what he means.

You see, when Christ died for us, he not only died for the sins of the world, He was also made a ransom for many. Few days ago, I got up from bed with the word “RANSOM” in my mind. I started thinking “Who is the kidnapper?”, “Who was held as ransom?”, “Who was the ransom paid to?” I went on the internet and man, there was so much rubbish that I had to reject many of them in Jesus’ name!

Someone on yahooanswers asked “Why would God want to be paid for forgiveness?”. Some refered to Father God as a child abuser of what He did to Jesus. That to me showed a lack of understanding of the character of God. It’s because He is a holy God that He demands justice, that we are to be condemned for our sins. Yet, He is a loving God (like 2 sides of a coin), He is slow to anger, He is faithful, He never lies, He delivers His promises, He showed himself throughout history and He gave us the law so that we may understand that we needed a saviour. And He did send us a savior, His only begotten son, and everything was recorded so that we may be able to investigate and discover the truth of what He has done. He told us long ago of what was and is to come through prophets so that we cannot say that it is something else (yet we still do).

So, anyway, the reason why the Holy Spirit brought up the subject of “RANSOM” was to remind me that at the cross, upon Jesus’ death and resurrection, He defeated ALL the powers of the enemy including all the diseases that God allows to happen around us, including this enemy cancer. After all we live in a fallen world but for those who are believing, we have the Holy Spirit within us.

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

It says “ALL”, not “some” of the powers of the enemy. The kidnapper is the devil but Jesus has defeated the devil upon His resurrection. Jesus came to set the captives (us) free. And today, many are living testimonies of what God has done for them who are believing. Believe you can defeat the enemy because God said so. Believe that God will do battle with you because He said so. But many aren’t living out as children of God. Hamir was like crying in his heart. “Aiyo, so many Christian families have lost their trust in God. They do not believe we have an awesome God. Their families are torn apart”.

I told Hamir it is not that they have stopped believing but rather an erosion of faith from influence of the society around us. In a way, we have lost our saltiness and living as the world does, still loving God but of no use in His kingdom. No, I am probably wrong about that. God works in mysterious ways so even in our backslidden state still loving God, I think God will still use us for His purpose like He did me.

It’s really tough to explain just that God will bless us (Deuteronomy 28:1-12) and has given all we need to survive in this fallen world until He returns again as long as we continue receiving and believing His grace like believing Abraham.

Galatians 3:9
So that they who are on the principle of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Romans 4:16
Therefore, the promise is based on faith so that it can be a gift. Consequently, the promise is guaranteed for every descendant, not only for those who are descendants by obeying Moses' Teachings but also for those who are descendants by believing as Abraham did. He is the father of all of us,

Romans 4:20
Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.

Faith is a continuous action of believing and receiving grace that comes with a love relationship with God.

Today’s conversation with Hamir reminded me of my purpose on earth, to share the gospel to help others find salvation through Jesus Christ. I shared with Hamir my discouragements and how I found hope in His word again, worshipping Him and singing songs to Him and the next morning I asked God to spell “LOVE” in the sky and He did. Then, suddenly, Hamir knew why I called him. He said because I have found an intimate relationship with God and beginning to be in tune with the Holy Spirit, he told me to use this relationship to ask God what to share with the people around me. “What is the key word to share with them O Lord?”. Although, I share through the blog but when it comes to sharing with friends, it is still a challenge. I do ask God to put words in my mouth when I meet friends and have been amazed at their feedback. Today, I realized that He is encouraging me along this path, to seek Him and to let Him lead to carry out His purpose for me in His kingdom.

Father God, I pray for my friends that your holy spirit will touch them and cause them to seek after you once again. Open their hearts to see you Jesus and to continuously believe everyday what you have done for us, that nothing is too hard for you because you are God who made the heavens and the earth. I pray that they move in the power of your Holy Spirit. Renew their minds O Lord to see that you are indeed an awesome God who sees and knows every detail of their lives and that you have defeated all the powers of the enemy and we have been given all authority under heaven to defeat all their powers too. Thank you Lord for equipping us. Thank you for your love. Thank you for saving us. In Jesus’ name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment