Thursday, July 1, 2010

Historic Event for FBC

We knew we were going to vote in a very important Church Business Meeting last Sunday in FBC. So, were we surprised that early that morning Ethan came down with fever (38 degrees)? Nope. Devil at work again. Roll eyes. So, we laid hands on Ethan, prayed against all work of darkness working against Ethan and us, gave Ethan his fever medicine and within a short moment, he was back to normal. You can tell from the things he says that he is back to normal! :) Praise the Lord!

That morning, I told Ethan that we were going to make history and he was going to be part of that history.

We needed all the resolutions to be passed as they were all inter related to one another. One of the resolutions needed a two third majority. We got close to 80%! I was praying in tongues throughout, something I learned in “the wall of fire” during the past miracle rallies at RLC. We were taught, whatever is happening, pray over that, whether it was the chairman speaking or people standing to voice their opinions or the voting in process because as we pray in tongues we pray according to His will as the holy spirit guides us as to what to pray. After many months of praying and bringing our petitions before God, FINALLY, we have a go ahead, a consensus for a step forward and I pray a step towards peace, love and joy in our church.

The lady that stepped forward to share about Paul and Barnabas Acts 15:37-39 -

Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus,..” -

I want to say bravo to her as she did what I failed to do. Isn’t it wonderful that even though I failed, God still spoke His word through someone else so it is a matter whether we do what the spirit prompts us to do. I did share the verses with my cell group the Friday after KJ asked for scripture authority for what we were doing (a few weeks/months ago).

Paul in the bible split a wonderful missionary team that the Holy Spirit put together all because he had no use for Mark. Years later, as he neared death by execution, one of his last requests was, " Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry...." (2 Timothy 4:11)

Today, we might not be able to fully comprehend what is happening, why the hurts cut so deep, why some disagreements date so far back, why church structure just can’t be changed that easily, why disagreements are near impossible to resolve, why why why but we just need to pray and pray and pray and let the holy spirit lead us. Even though we fail, God in His power will still accomplish His will in us so we need only trust in Him.

And we know we still have a long way to go after last Sunday’s voting but it is our first positive step forward. Still, black birds fly and hover around us which we need to collectively as a church bind and break them in Jesus’ name.

I just want to thank council, LCC and others involved for a wonderful job they did in disseminating information which kept changing. Yet despite all the difficulties, meetings were held big and small and on both sides so that whoever came could understand what was happening. Thank you for all the hours and many nights praying and discussing. Thank you for the many verses that Cheng Cheung shared on Sundays that motivated me to dig deeper. Thank you even for Marvin’s devotion during CBM that made me wanna cry because so happened last Friday I wanted our home group to sing “Our Father in Heaven” during our praise night but I forgot. And that God reminded me again through Marvin’s devotion “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be they name”..that His name is to be praised, to be honoured FIRST above all names, above all things - even above our pride and our desires.

I bind and break all work of darkness assigned to FBC and its members in Jesus’ name. You devil have no power or dominance over us. I loose the anointing and the power of the holy spirit upon First Baptist Church and especially the council members, LCC members, Rev Marvin Wong and all their families. I loose the ministering angels to encamp around and about each FBC member and to protect us from the evil one. I pray for God’s love joy peace into each and every heart right now in Jesus’ name. I pray all this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment