Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's Wrath as a Driving Wind Swirling Down

Jeremiah 30:23-24 (New International Version)

See, the storm of the LORD
will burst out in wrath,
a driving wind swirling down on the heads of the wicked.
The fierce anger of the LORD will not turn back
until he fully accomplishes the purposes of his heart.
In days to come you will understand this.

I was delighted when I stumbled on this verse while reading Jeremiah. I am reminded that in the battle against the enemy the cancer, I always have God on my side and I must put Him in the battle. The above verse enhances my imagination of the torpedoes aimed at each and every cancer cell - God's wrath bursting forth in a driving wind swirling down on the heads of the wicked cancer cells. And His encouragement to me is that God FULLY accomplishes the purposes of his heart and in days to come, I will understand this. :)

Even when David was taking on Goliath, he put God in the battle whilst Saul and the Israelites momentarily forgot God. Their reaction was that "they were terrified and deeply shaken" from the words spoken by Goliath and at the sight of his size (about 9 feet) and the armor he was wearing.

1 Samuel 17:8-11 nlt

Goliath stood and shouted across to the Israelites, "Do you need a whole army to settle this? Choose someone to fight for you, and I will represent the Philistines. We will settle this dispute in single combat! If your man is able to kill me, then we will be your slaves. But if I kill him, you will be our slaves! I defy the armies of Israel! Send me a man who will fight with me!" When Saul and the Israelites heard this, they were terrified and deeply shaken.

Yet, David put God in the battle. His response was totally different.

1 Samuel 17:26 nlt

David talked to some others standing there to verify the report. "What will a man get for killing this Philistine and putting an end to his abuse of Israel?" he asked them. "Who is this pagan Philistine anyway, that he is allowed to defy the armies of the living God?"

And that was the lesson for me this week, to remember to put God in the battle and that it is not by my own strength that battles the enemy, not by "being positive" but merely trusting in my living God.

Who are you spirit of cancer that you are allowed to defy the armies of the living God. I remind you that the storm of the LORD will burst out in wrath, and his driving wind will swirl down on your head you wicked cancer. Father God says that the fierce anger of the LORD will not turn back until He fully accomplishes the purposes of His heart so you get out of me in Jesus' name because I am the righteousness of God in Christ and by Jesus' stripes, I am healed!

You say Lord that whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours (Matthew 11:24). I believe that I have received it and I thank you Lord for healing me and I thank you for giving me strength everyday and even coming out from this fever and cough. I give thanks to you O God and tell everyone of your wonderful acts. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment