Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Psalm 144

Just wanted to share with you Psalm 144 that has been such an encouragement to me and I use this to talk to God, to claim His promises. I know He listens to me, He said so in the bible. Watching "Inception" (latest movie in the cinema) was like training ground to me (will blog more on the movie). The first few verses of the Psalm seems so real to me because I can see the deceit and lies of the enemy. He tells me He is training my hands for war and my fingers for battle.

It seems so timely just when I decided I will fight the battle even stronger with God in the battle. In this Psalm, He shows me what He is going to do that He will part heaven and come down and shoot arrows at my enemy. He has been every encouraging and I was almost in tears reading this and I decided to memorise it! I've succeeded the first few lines only from verses 1 to ....2. Oops! Two verses only? God bless my memory! :)

Psalm 144

1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.
3 O LORD, what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him?
4 Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow.
5 Part your heavens, O LORD, and come down;
touch the mountains, so that they smoke.
6 Send forth lightning and scatter {the enemies};
shoot your arrows and rout them.
7 Reach down your hand from on high;
deliver me and rescue me
from the mighty waters,
from the hands of foreigners
8 whose mouths are full of lies,
whose right hands are deceitful.
9 I will sing a new song to you, O God;
on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you,
10 to the One who gives victory to kings,
who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.
11 Deliver me and rescue me
from the hands of foreigners
whose mouths are full of lies,
whose right hands are deceitful.
....

No comments:

Post a Comment