Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inception

This is showing in the cinema now about a group of professionals who plant a seed into your mind while you are dreaming so that you act in a certain way that have set out for you. I enjoyed its fast pace and 3 hours passed very quickly. I enjoyed the special effects. How did they shoot the zero gravity scene? I also could see through the work of the enemy the devil. I had no idea I was going to watch another “Matrix”. If I had known I may not have watched it. But watching it was like God sending me into the battlefield. Psalm 144 became so real to me that night when God said He was training my hands for war and my fingers for battle. I put Ethan’s tiny toy soldiers on my shelf to remind me of the battle I am in and that the Lord is with me.

Henry called it a challenging show and quite confusing because they had dreams within a dream up to 4 layers. As for me, I pictured these professionals as the devil and his minions at work in someone’s mind. There was so much uncovered and I just wanted to document it but unsure if anyone will get my drift. It is more for my own personal satisfaction I guess:

The maze – a dream within a dream

The “architect” sets out the visual platform and creates a maze so that it is not easy to figure out that the person set up is being deceived. The devil is not going to tell you so blatantly about a lie. It is an erosion of truths that once we are living in a lie so deep, it seems alright. Someone suffering from cancer shared recently that currently he is “..being caught in this maze riddled with puzzles of never ending mind games…”. It is great for him because he knows he is in a maze and he is trying to get out. He is coming out stronger and stronger everyday but how much more if we move by the power of the Holy Spirit who reveals to us the way to go and the things to do. He has many Christian friends praying for him and I pray too that his eyes will open to see Jesus. The maze will not make a difference because our eyes are on Jesus.

It also shows the many layers of deceit and lies. Even if you pull through one lie, there is another lie and another lie to contend without God, we’re always trying to put out fires in our lives, chasing our own tail. Again, the holy spirit reveals to us the mind of the devil and the deceit we are in and we can bind and break them in Jesus’ name. How powerful this truth can be for someone who is facing manic depression!

Familiarity – Familiar Spirits

In the movie, the person who is set up dreams of someone whom he is familiar who talks to him, explains and persuades him to do something. Similarly, the devil disguises as a familiar spirit within our dreams or worst still, visions (ie not dreaming). The familiar spirit could be our beloved who have passed away. Mediums do this a lot and the living communicate with the dead. Some communicate in their dreams. Sigh, if only they knew they are communicating with an evil spirit disguising to be their beloved. The bible says in Luke 16:19 to 31 that there is a great chasm that is fixed between the living and the dead, saved (Lazarus) or unsaved (rich man) so they won’t be able to roam the earth to talk to you. You are being deceived just like in the movie. And if you entertain familiar spirits, you are opening the door for more of his minions to attack you. Just command them to go from you in Jesus' name. Your loved one in safely in heaven. Father God sends angels instead to give you a message or to help you.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
"When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not imitate the detestable customs of those nations. No one among you is to make his son or daughter pass through the fire, practice divination, tell fortunes, interpret omens, practice sorcery, cast spells, consult a medium or a familiar spirit, or inquire of the dead. Everyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and the LORD your God is driving out the nations before you because of these detestable things.

Heavy Sedation

I like this one. One big tight slap and still the dreamer can’t wake up. This is the spirit of blindness that has come over the person who has been set up. Can’t see, can’t hear, can’t speak the truth. The topic of idolatry keeps popping up everywhere I read the bible for eg.

In Psalm 115, it is written:
4 But their idols are silver and gold,
made by the hands of men.
5 They have mouths, but cannot speak,
eyes, but they cannot see;
6 they have ears, but cannot hear,
noses, but they cannot smell;
7 they have hands, but cannot feel,
feet, but they cannot walk;
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
8 Those who make them will be like them,
and so will all who trust in them.

Those who trust in their idols will be like the idol, blinded from seeing the truth. Hah, but there’s “the tilt” that once you start to fall, you realize you are in trouble and wake up. No wonder, God allows trials in our lives to draw us back to Him. Blessed are those who come to him when they trouble free. :) I believe it is possible because I was one of them. God is good, God is gracious for hearing my knocks when I sought Him 11 years ago.

Then, there’s Hollywood and their movies. They promoted Matrix the last time so I was quite surprised that in the middle of this movie, they talked about forgiveness and letting go. Finally, some truth? Truth that "Matrix" is all a lie maybe? Neh, it’s Hollywood – the top didn’t stop spinning or at least it got us guessing that they were still in a dream after they got back to “reality”. That’s Hollywood for you.

Nicholas asked me once (no, he didn't watch "Inception"). "Why are movies so filled with violence". We can’t escape evil. We can only teach our children between good and evil and equip them with the ways of God. Else, we will believe “Matrix” and “Inception” and believe that the reality we are living in is all a lie. It’s more like the devil is the father of all lies. Just look at the maze that he is causing us daily and the seed that he is planting into our thoughts. Beware of inception from the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment