Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update - Resounding joy, Triumphant entry!

Psalm 63:7,8
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

Henry and I were at SJMC yesterday for another ct scan. During the wait for the scan, I asked God what is His word for me and He said "Resounding joy, triumphant entry!". I was overjoyed and sang quietly "Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice". Dr Liu found my vein with no problem. Praise the Lord! That's always my first prayer request - that the doctors are able to find my vein and that it would be painless. And God is good. Even though Dr Liu asked for my left hand (and I thought oh no!) and not resting my hand on anything, he still managed to find my vein and stuck the fat needle in.

I also survived the ct scan although I noticed a whole new team this round. I was just praying "Jesus help me" over and over again until the ordeal was over. The results revealed a marginally larger nodule and my first thought was where was the resounding joy? Then when we met Dr Foo with the results and she said she was not alarmed with this marginal result. No one changes drugs on a marginal basis she says. I remember she told us previously different people report the scan each time and as a result there can be discrepancies. I did notice a whole new team this time.

In any case, even if it is progressive and if the results confirms progression in 2 months' time, she said she would put me on a trial with a new drug called alphatanib by Boehringer that would be absolutely free. It is not even in the market and trial is due to only start in August. We did ask about the Tarceva's sponsorship but in our mind, Henry was probably thinking what's the point of asking if the drug does not work anymore. She told us of Roche's compassionate programme which was more for kidney patients. It wasn't clear what was the criteria or procedure.

So, I will have to wait for 2 months' time for the next ct scan to confirm any progression. Of course, we do not hope for any progression. And my hope is definitely not in the drugs whatever it may be but in God. I do see God's hand and something is developing though it is not quite clear what because of his impression to me that I do not need Tarceva and now this, so we will just leave to God to lead us.

As we got into the car, the car could not start! Oh no! While Henry was trying several times, I started to pray and as I ended with "In Jesus' name" and Henry started the car again, the engine started! Praise God! Henry said "Father God always listen to your prayers!". Then suddenly that miracle from God gave me assurance again that God is with me.

This morning, a thought came to me "Who would you rather believe? That I say that there will be resounding joy and triumphant entry or a mere man's negative report?". And I replied "I believe in you of course because nothing is impossible to you, because you are my helper, because I have been to your sanctuary and you have shown me your glory and you are my mighty rock and I will cling on to you and hide under your wings. Thank you Jesus for healing me. Thank you for bearing my infirmities, my diseases, my sicknesses on the cross 2,000 years ago and by your stripes I am healed".

Psalm 63 spoke so loud to me yesterday and my mind is renewed. I choose to be led by the spirit and ignore my fleshly weakness which leads me downward spiritually. Praise the Lord for nothing is impossible to Him. I just need to trust and believe him. Like Tammy says, my breakthrough is just around the corner and Steven Lee reminds me that of Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,". So devil, you spirit of cancer you get out of me in Jesus' name, you have no hold, no power or dominion over me because He who is in me is greater than you the devil in this world. You go back to hell where you belong. I choose to believe Jesus and Jesus' words to me that there will be resounding joy, there will be triumphant entry and by Jesus' stripes I am healed. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Psalm 63

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

Yes, at the end of it, the devil, the father of all lies will be silenced! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment