Thursday, November 12, 2009

Health through Holy Communion

Thanks King Wai for sharing this with me about taking communion. I remember how earlier in this journey you asked if we could take communion together and I couldn't understand what is the urgency. The same when Elaine shared with Robert, his first reaction was that we can wait till we do it in church.

A lot of us have not received the real understanding of taking communion and it is quite difficult to explain because the half truth is so close to the truth. The truth that wasn't told to me is that Jesus' body on the cross was broken for my healing! How could we miss such an important fact. And it all ties in to 1 Peter 2:24 that "..by His wounds, you have been healed". He paid for my sins, so I can be unblemished before a Holy God. He took my sorrows, so I can be happy. He broke His body, bore my sickness (infirmities) so that I can be healthy! Thank You Jesus!

That is the victory on the cross! Jesus has won the victory and we are now overcomers, overcomers of sickness, overcomers of sins, overcomers of depression. The truth has really set me free. Ps Joseph Prince has a great way to explain how we should discern the body and blood of Christ when taking holy communion. The passage relates to 1 Corinthians 11: 23-32. Only then can we truly receive full blessings from God. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Lbxe4rr1M for Part 1 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_U7XQQfys Part 2. You musn't miss this one. It is really powerful.

God has provided us a way out from the fallen state of the world (dying,sicker every day). The Lord Supper was given to offset this process! We need not be condemned with the world with sickness and premature death. He chastens us through His Word. If only we had done our quiet time and "ate" every single word and listened to our Abba Father, we will be spared from all the diseases in the world. But it is not too late to come back to Him because His wrath is for a moment but His faithfulness for a life time.

Below is King Wai's sharing. Thanks King Wai for blessing me with this understanding. :)

"Hi Liz

Just thought I'd share with you what I've learnt about the communion emblem of the bread being broken. If you read the bible when Jesus held the first communion he said "this bread is my body broken for you", it referred to his body that was broken on our behalf so that we would receive his wholeness and completeness physically. The blood reflects the convenant or promise from God that our sins are forever washed away and that sin has no dominion over us and through his blood we have Jesus' righteouness, holiness, basically the inheritance of a child of God. So that is why we can go boldly into the throne room of God (the Holy of Holies) jump up on God's lap, snuggle up close under his chin, and whine, complain, fidget, sleep and just enjoy His awesome presence. Hope that helps with regards to the bread aspect of the communion. I will discuss with you another time about how some people get do not get the full benefits of the communion basically because they take the emblems like some ritualistic thingee and not truly understand that there is power in communion that can affect. "

No comments:

Post a Comment