Monday, November 9, 2009

I found the owner of the Bible left behind!

I met the owner of the bible I found in church (see my blog “Dear Stephen”) yesterday morning! Praise God! He turned out to be PASTOR of his own church in Living Word Church in Sg Dua, Penang opposite University Sains Malaysia.

I had a good time of fellowship with Ps Looi Eng Seng and Min Yi also had the opportunity to meet him as she was in FBC picking up her son Isaac from Jack and Jill Kindergarden. She told us that normally she would not come to school so early to wait for Isaac. Reflecting back, this was not a chance meeting and that even Min Yi got ministered to. Min Yi has been struggling for a long time how to address Isaac’s condition of ADHD and by God’s grace, He sent Ps Looi to minister to her because his son once had ADHD. He said that he and his wife would lay hands on his head and pray for healing daily. They treated his son as normal, encouraged his son to do the best he can. His wife had wanted to quit her job to focus on her son but Ps Looi asked her to reconsider as their focus should be on God more than the son. And so she continued to work and they continued to lay hands on their son and pray and today, he is a normal boy and can score maths up to 70%! Both Min Yi and I were very encouraged to hear his testimony and he also had the opportunity to meet Isaac and lay hands on his head and prayed for Isaac. Interestingly, before Ps Looi begun, Isaac had started to pray and we all said a big Amen before Ps Looi continued with his prayer!

I was very happy to meet Ps Looi and to listen to his sharing as to how he opened his church in Penang and how he plans to open 2 more churches in Sri Damansara and Subang Jaya. Praise God for servants of God like him. His word for me to continue in what I am doing is from 2 Corinthians 1:3-5:

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.”

Yes, in "2nd chance" ministry (www.my2ndchance.info"), I will have the opportunity to give hope and comfort those diagnosed with cancer. I pray God will use me and the Holy Spirit will guide me to help them know Jesus, to find hope in Jesus and receive healing from Jesus. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Thank you Ps Looi for coming all the way from Penang to meet me and Min Yi. Thank you for giving me your bible. I will treasure it and remember how I returned to quiet time with God through your bible left behind. :) Thank you for your sharing that encouraged us so. I pray that God will you use you mightily to share God’s word and God’s love to the people in Klang Valley and that His guiding hand be upon you, your family and your ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment