Tuesday, January 11, 2011

B-L-E-S-S

I found the following question and prayer for ourselves or others using the acronym B-L-E-S-S in the website http://powertochange.com/blogs/experience/
It helped me today and I pray it will help you too.

Questions: Do you feel uncomfortable praying for yourself? What is hindering your prayer life? Pray the following prayer with the blanks filed in sometime today.

BODY – Lord, thank you for my health. Please strengthen me physically today. Ease the tension in my shoulders and head. Give me wisdom to take care of myself wisely. Help me to be disciplined in what I eat and give me determination to exercise today. Protect me as I go about my day. Thank you that You are a shield around me. I need Your help today especially with __________________.

LABOR – Father God, I give You all my efforts today. You know where I work hard and You know where I slack off and procrastinate. Help me focus today. Help my mind to retain what I study. Bless my efforts today. Help me to prioritize the important things in my life. Multiply my efforts and may my accomplishments be fruitful.  Thank you that my weak points are the very entry point for Your strength. Fill me with Your Spirit and help me today to _____________________.

EMOTIONS – Lord, You alone know how I can so easily be dragged by my emotions instead of being led by Your Spirit. Today I bring to You the areas within my heart that feel unstable and shaky. Thank you that You are my Rock today. You give me a firm place to stand. Give me self-confidence that is rooted in You. Help me to feel encased in Your peace today and to trust You completely with __________________.

SOCIAL – Father God, bless my friendships and lead me into purposeful friendships with others who seek You. Give me strength to distance myself from social situations that could draw my heart away from You. Fill my lonely places with the assurance of Your presence. Be with the woman You have chosen for me and bless and protect her today. Help her with whatever she is facing and draw her close to You. Bring me a friend to encourage and one who will encourage me. Today I pray a blessing on ________________.

SPIRITUAL GROWTH – Lord, help me to trust You and to depend on You. It’s so easy to try to lean on my own understanding. Help me to sense Your presence with me today. Give me a strong desire to read Your Word. Help me to understand what You are saying to me. Show me what needs to be cleansed in my heart and life today. I ask Your forgiveness for ____________________. Give me a deep desire to draw near to You and to make time to quiet myself so I can hear You speak.

Thank you Lord, that You are in my life. I depend on You today.  Thank you that, with expectation, I can trust You with every detail. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment