Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update - researching

Thanks for asking Tony and maybe all of you can help us pray.

Option 1:
Chemo alinta / gemcitabin
They apparently don't have much side effects and not as bad. I am personally praying if this is the option, God will work a miracle to take me through two cycles only and so I can go back on nutrition to build my immune system.

Option 2:
Low dose naltrexone plus nutrition
A clever drug that boosts immune system by artificially making the body release endorphins. Because the drug is cheap nobody tries to push this drug coz actually it is used to inhibit addiction to drugs or alcohol. Our onco said she never heard of the drug but Henry is not surprised she said this. Henry's cousin says she thinks it will be tough to get an onco to prescribe this drug because it is not cancer related. So we are trying to ask several people to help us find out if they can the drug or prescribe it.. So sad, the drug is there but no one to prescribe!

Option 3 nutrition only

Spoke to Joanne chee. We had a good chat with her and received good info from her regarding the supplements I had missed out like protein powder, anti oxidants, coQ 10, vit c, vit b, juicing up to 5-6 times, exercise etc. She is pro no chemo.

If I was feeling good with no pain I would certainly opt for option 3 but there is nagging pain on my back, sometimes there, sometimes not, sometimes like it is going to break out in nerve pain, still coughing sometimes, lympnode pain under my jaw at the right side of neck. So my mind keeps shifting from no chemo to 2 cycles of chemo. Henry thinks since the cancer is aggressive, nutrition will take some time to take effect and I have been on part of the nutrition all this while. King Wai said i have to come before God and decide and i can't be a baby and get Henry to decide for me.

I think it is no harm getting opinions. This morning I read this part in the bible that is so apt:

Psalm 143:7-12

 7 Answer me quickly, LORD;
   my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
   or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
   for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
   for to you I entrust my life.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD,
   for I hide myself in you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
   for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
   lead me on level ground.

 11 For your name’s sake, LORD, preserve my life;
   in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
   destroy all my foes,
   for I am your servant.

And so I started to pray in tongues. Yesterday ps Sasha and ps Chris came to pray for me and she is so sweet, she is dedicating 30 mins of her time everyday to pray in the spirit for me. She asked me to find someone else to pray for me for 30 mins daily too like manner. There is this book by Duch Sheet called 'intercessory prayer' where his wife had a cyst the size of a ping pong ball and needed surgery but he asked the doctor to give him time before operating. The doc gave them 2 months and if it is still there, she must be operated on. He prayed everyday 5 mins in understanding and the rest, just travailing in prayer in the spirit for 55 mins and now and then he would have visions of God's hand squeezing the cyst and crushing it. After one week, the wife would say the pain is getting lesser, second week lesser and third week, the pain left her and the fourth week, went to see the doc and doc said the cyst is no longer there! Praise the lord! Inspired by this she is dedicating 30 mins in the spirit for me. Oh, the power of prayer. It really encouraged me more to pray in tongues and this morning while exercising, I just continuously prayed in the spirit. I know wonderful things happen when we pray in the spirit because we communicate to God spirit to spirit and not head to spirit.

So, I need to decide. It shouldn't be so tough knowing He loves me so much. It is the pain but now I have exercised and praised Him, I don't feel the pain so much. That should be the way. I will keep pressing in in the spirit. Father God, I commit even this research of the low dose naltrexone and its availability into your hands. Show Henry and I clearly o lord, where we should go, direct our paths Lord for to you we entrust our lives. Rescue me o lord from this cancer, silence my enemies o Lord. I bind and break every cancer every work of darkness assigned to me in Jesus name. O Lord, let your healing flow Lord, let your healing flow. Strengthen me by the power of your Holy Spirit into my spirit man, quicken my entire being O Lord, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment